PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be new Canadian hanger

Jiblets
03-17-2010, 19:39
Hi from Toronto, ON.

I've been lurking on the forums for about a week now, trying to absorb some of the great info here. The 54+ pages on whoopie slings is inspiring!

My first hammock is going to be the WBBB 1.1 double, already on order "made by WarBonnetGuy his real name is Brandon". One very important thing I've learned is that Shug's 10 part Hammock primer on Youtube, really should be watched in installments... not as a marathon! :boggle: I still hear his voice in my head. :scared:

Also on order is a tarp from "WarBonnetGuy his real name is Brandon", snakeskins and some Amsteel to make some whoopie slings.

Soon to be on order... I hope, are some Dutch clips. Too bad I didn't find the forum before the Hammock Forums Buff order was closed, 'cause I probably would have picked up a couple of those too.

I haven't gone for my first hang yet, and I'm already hooked. :lol:

Cheers,

Jiblets

beep
03-17-2010, 19:45
Welcome Jiblets!!

Now all you need is an UQ.

You're off to a grand start, gear-wise!:)

sk8rs_dad
03-17-2010, 19:49
... and don't forget there's the first ever Ontario hang coming together over on this thread (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14759).

Mule
03-17-2010, 20:09
Welcome, Jiblets. Sounds like you have a really good start on getting your gear.

Jiblets
03-17-2010, 20:34
Thanks for the comments.

Beep: I almost got an UQ from TeWa, but decided to use my trusty thermarest ultralite first. I may buy a Speer SPE 4x4 especially since it's on sale right now, but I'll try hold off 'till I actually receive the BB first. :)

Sk8rs_Dad: I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

BrianWillan
03-17-2010, 21:12
... and don't forget there's the first ever Ontario hang coming together over on this thread (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14759).

+1 On that.

Welcome Jiblets and fellow Ontario Hanger. Seems like your are off to a flying start.

mbiraman
03-17-2010, 21:24
Welcome to the forum. You'll love the WBBB

dragonfly.hiker
03-17-2010, 21:50
Welcome :)

beep
03-17-2010, 21:55
Thanks for the comments.

Beep: I almost got an UQ from TeWa, but decided to use my trusty thermarest ultralite first. I may buy a Speer SPE 4x4 especially since it's on sale right now, but I'll try hold off 'till I actually receive the BB first. :)

Sk8rs_Dad: I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

FWIW I started with my Thermarest NeoAir first. It worked, sorta, but I still had cold shoulders...basically almost impossible to avoid with any pad by itself. I swallowed VERY hard before stepping up for a Yeti 3 season, but that has worked superbly well. If I were faced with the same decision today, I'd strongly consider the Crow's Nest from Stormcrow (slightly longer (i.e. 3/4 length) and slightly thicker/plumper than the Yeti). Some of that is driven by my size (6'5") so a bit of extra length is desirable to get the same relative coverage as more average height users.

Shug
03-17-2010, 22:19
Hey Jiblets ...... I hear me too .....I do.....!!!!!!))))))
Shug Welcomes You.

rikarux
03-18-2010, 00:09
Been lurking on the forums for 3/4 of a year now, still waiting for a time to hang and just discovered Shug's video's.....
I'll take your advice and watch them in installments!! =)

Jiblets
03-18-2010, 08:46
FWIW I started with my Thermarest NeoAir first. It worked, sorta, but I still had cold shoulders...basically almost impossible to avoid with any pad by itself. I swallowed VERY hard before stepping up for a Yeti 3 season, but that has worked superbly well. If I were faced with the same decision today, I'd strongly consider the Crow's Nest from Stormcrow (slightly longer (i.e. 3/4 length) and slightly thicker/plumper than the Yeti). Some of that is driven by my size (6'5") so a bit of extra length is desirable to get the same relative coverage as more average height users.

As difficult as it's going to be, I'm going to resist getting one until I at least get a chance to try out a thermarest first. I've already pm'd him several questions and he's been extremely quick to respond.

Shug Welcomes You.

You guys read that too? It's not just in my head? :scared:

Jiblets
03-18-2010, 08:49
Been lurking on the forums for 3/4 of a year now, still waiting for a time to hang and just discovered Shug's video's.....
I'll take your advice and watch them in installments!! =)

Good luck. Once I started, I just couldn't stop.

Adia
03-18-2010, 11:10
welcome Jiblets :)

rikarux
03-18-2010, 12:42
Good luck. Once I started, I just couldn't stop.

Started late last night and didn't stop until a couple hours later. Watching in installments clearly doesn't work very well.

Shug
03-19-2010, 10:03
Started late last night and didn't stop until a couple hours later. Watching in installments clearly doesn't work very well.
I am happy ........:thumbup:
Shug

Pitch
03-19-2010, 10:14
Shug Welcomes You.

What is it like living with a crazy person inside your head Shug? :lol:

Welcome to the forum Jiblets!!! - (cool handle btw).

Shug
03-19-2010, 10:16
What is it like living with a crazy person inside your head Shug? :lol:

Fun it is. Never dull. At least I learned to market it.:laugh: