PDA

View Full Version : hey

JamesClifton75
03-19-2010, 14:45
I grew up in So Paris, Me and spent a lot of time in the Whites. I few years ago I moved down the Charlotte, nc for work and just back into hiking and backpacking this last year. Now I stomp around Linville mostly and try to get to the smokies as often as I can. I realized that I can't sleep on the ground, really I would spend every night checking off each hour as it passed while staring at the top of my tent. I found the Hennessey Hammock and the rest is history. I have been playing with ways to stay warm at night when the mercury drops but haven’t settled yet on a superior solution. In December I camped on Madron bald, Smokies, and used an emergency reflective tarp that I hung under the HH. Once I stuffed my jacket under my butt and back I was snug even when it got down into the teens. Recently I used a big Agnes air pad and that was ok too. I’m thinking of making my own UQ custom fit to my HH. I just recently took up sewing and started making my own gear so it seems like a good project to undertake. I think I would like to get to the point where I don’t need a sleeping bag at all. Just the UQ and a small down quilt for the inside. Any way that’s me in a nut shell.

Perkolady
03-19-2010, 17:02
Hello and welcome to HF!

That's great you're doing some diy projects- very satisfying!

The Linville area is really gorgeous. :)

richtorfla
03-19-2010, 17:09
:)Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have been readin' alot of stuff round here! Good luck on the DIY stuff.

mbiraman
03-19-2010, 20:51
Hey yourself and welcome to the forum. Lots of folks here like the linville gorge,,,,if it was only a little closer to me )-;

Barefoot Child
03-19-2010, 21:10
Welcome JC!
now sit down...strap in...and hold on! :laugh:

Great....just what this site needs....one more Gorge Rat!:mad:

Just kidding :D

Hey HawkEye!!!! :scared:

Here comes another Gorge Rat! :boggle:

Hawk-eye
03-19-2010, 21:15
And all potential Gorge Rats will truly be welcomed!

Welcome to the forum James!

slowhike
03-19-2010, 21:17
Welcome James. Maybe we'll see you in the Gorge one of these days.