PDA

View Full Version : Break in!

pgibson
03-20-2010, 12:10
I just when over to the shop to check on something and we have been broken into! The shop was trashed, things have been scattered all over, bins of srap fabric and climashield have been overturned and strewn everywere My work table that was fairly clean yesterday has been trashed. Carabiners are all over the floor. I don't understand ti Everything is messed up but I don't think any thing is missing. The rest of the house is not touchedl. it dosen't make sense. l don't get it there is thousdans of dollars of gear and equipment in the shop let alone the stuff in the rest of the house.

EDIT: Please read the entire thread and watch the Video that is posted Below! This is an early April Fools Joke!

MacEntyre
03-20-2010, 12:16
Glad you're ok... hope nothing was taken. That's really puzzling... they musta been looking for cash.

Ramblinrev
03-20-2010, 12:22
Glad you're ok... hope nothing was taken. That's really puzzling... they musta been looking for cash.

sounds more like looking for drugs to me. No reason to look in bins of fabric for cash.

Dutch
03-20-2010, 12:23
Sorry to hear, you probably feel violated.

UCMWINGS
03-20-2010, 12:25
Sorry to hear that, it couldn't have been a critter could it? Coons will trash a place if they cant get back out.

pgibson
03-20-2010, 12:26
I just don't know what to make if it. I just don't know why someone would break in trash the place and not take anything. I just whant to scream #&@%!

WeTommyD
03-20-2010, 12:27
That sucks!

It sad the effects theifs have on a persons life. They were probably just out for cash.

When I went to college I drove a beat up Saturn in which the doors did not lock. Drove around two years without locking the doors in the city without problems. I went to hear some live music at a bar and came out and noticed a smashed passanger side window. Ripped out my broken radio & took a few dollars in change. Ran quickly because they left the tennis rackets, golf clubs and other fun stuff in the car. They could have just opened the unlocked door and taken my stuff without the damage!

Two years ago I left my bag in a parking garage in my friends car. Theifs smashed his window stole my favorite gym bag ever which has yet to be replaced, my prescription glasses, t-shirts, and cell phone. They took my friends credit card but no cash.

Moral of the story, the theifs got nothing of value in which they could use. (Unless the theif was blind and had the same prescription as me) However, the destructive damage they did to me was far greater. It sad that people have to live like that.

pedro
03-20-2010, 12:27
I'm sorry to hear this. Probably kids looking for money and drugs. Do you see how they got in?

If it is not too late, you want the cops to dust for prints.

Cranky Bear
03-20-2010, 12:28
Glad you and the family are ok, yea thats strange that nothing is missing, but also a very good thing as well, sucks that you have to take time now to get it all back to the way you had it. This might be food for thought about getting a security system installed, but that is a little deterrent cause if they want to get in they can and will no matter what. But like I said great news that you and the family are ok!!!!!

CB

Stone
03-20-2010, 12:28
Gald nothing is missing and that you and the family are ok, its best not to waste energy trying to figure out why fools do what they do.

Ramblinrev
03-20-2010, 12:31
I just don't know why someone would break in trash the place and not take anything.

In my experience this is typical of drug thieves. Goods need to be fenced which means they can show up on the market and be traced. But the victim won't report a drug theft because they aren't supposed to have the drugs in the first place.

Alan
03-20-2010, 12:39
Thieves suck!

Shug
03-20-2010, 12:41
Might have just been vandalism ....... makes my neck brighten red just thinking about it Paul.

I wish you peace.
Shug

avalonmorn
03-20-2010, 12:43
So sorry from Okieland. I have learned one thing from reading your posts, that you are a determined person with a possitive attitude. Hang in there.

pgibson
03-20-2010, 12:43
I have looked around a bit more and it's like in the movies when the appartment has been searched by the bad guys. #*&@

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 12:45
Typical of an evil mastermind ... cry wolf when his lair is invaded ...

While we're coming clean on this PAUL ... if that is your real name ... tell them the truth about your son!

Small boy my old gray haired hinny! That's a highly trained midget ninja with a full 8th degree black belt to his credit.
Took out two of my guys with that &#@!#!*& whoopee sling/toggle death whip of his! :scared:

NOW GENTLEMEN ... you be the judge ... as Paul Harvey said ... "and now, the rest of the story"!

OPERATION ARROWHEAD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qinvkzuyVU)

0qinvkzuyVU

avalonmorn
03-20-2010, 12:48
Could it be that they were searching for Dutch Clips????

Dutch
03-20-2010, 12:51
I think I heard one time Grizz did the same thing to DIY Tactical, you didn't forget an order for him did you?

pgibson
03-20-2010, 12:57
Ha! I had one more Hawk, I was going to finger Mac as the culprit. Well, the joke is out, Got a bunch of you :) Great job Hawk Eye! But I can't take much credit on the buckles, They are Brandon's brain child. I have just posted them for pre-sale on AHE. I should have the first lot of them in about 2 weeks from Brandon, and They will begin shipping out as soon as they get to me, but I am taking reserve orders now.

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 13:05
And a big old early APRIL FOOL'S DAY ... though a tad early ... I'll be where they ban YouTube in a couple days .. although after this bit of foolishness ... some might say that's a good thing!

Dutch
03-20-2010, 13:10
I wasn't able to watch the vid...so this was a joke?

Ken
03-20-2010, 13:29
Hey Hawk-eye, the video is listed as private. But I'm at work and not supposed to be watching anyway.

ken

MacEntyre
03-20-2010, 13:31
Ha! I had one more Hawk, I was going to finger Mac as the culprit.
What did I do to deserve that? :confused:

I'm crushed!
:mellow:

mbiraman
03-20-2010, 13:34
Interesting sense of humour.

pgibson
03-20-2010, 13:34
What did I do to deserve that? :confused:

I'm crushed!
:mellow:

You were just first to reply. Not picking on yah Mac.

oldgringo
03-20-2010, 13:36
<shakes head>

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 13:40
Hey Hawk-eye, the video is listed as private. But I'm at work and not supposed to be watching anyway.

ken

still processing I guess ... Should free up soon

Counselor
03-20-2010, 13:51
I was going to finger Opie for it . . . i'm just saying.

rigidpsycho
03-20-2010, 13:58
Man and I was about to bite until I kept on reading this thread. Nice one PG and Hawkeye.

rigidpsycho
03-20-2010, 14:27
still processing I guess ... Should free up soon

I just tried to watch it and says " This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accpet the sender's friend request."

SmokeBait
03-20-2010, 14:29
:confused: :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

SmokeBait

rigidpsycho
03-20-2010, 14:35
I finally watched it i just sign into my youtube account and added Haweye as a friend and got watch it. That Sir was a fine video.

lonetracker
03-20-2010, 14:36
sorry to here that paul.i know saying this is not 'politically'correct but after something like this happens to you it would it feel good to find the people responsible and administer a good beating.you would feel better and maybe the thief would think twice next time.

DavidWa
03-20-2010, 14:43
as been searched by the bad guys. #*&@

That would point to ATF agents as top suspects then.

Do you own a hacksaw? Could be probable cause.

Seriously though. ( well actually the above was serious too ) Glad no one was hurt. besides being trashed was anything actually broken or just tossed about.

Shug
03-20-2010, 14:45
I been duped ..... and I like it!!!!!

Ken
03-20-2010, 14:46
Hey Paul. My little order from you arrived yesterday. I sure am glad it was out of your shop before the Gorge Rats invaded.

Thanks for the great service!

Ken

sclittlefield
03-20-2010, 14:47
Frustrating! I'm so glad you and the fam is alright, and next that it looks as though nothing was taken.

Time to install those motion sensing turrets...

Flounder
03-20-2010, 14:49
Ha! Nice video Hawk-eye. I think Paul is an evil mastermind. He is brainwashing us with his great customer service and fast shipping. :D

pgibson
03-20-2010, 14:55
Ok so Hawk-eye's and I try at a bit of dry humor has been lost on some. The invaders where Gorge Rats, in search of the new top secret suspension buckle that has been in development. Hawk Eye was trying to have a bit of April Fools fun before he has to leave for China in a few days and can't post to youtube so it's a bit early.

I took it a bit far and am sorry for "messing" with folks. Read the entire thread and watch Hawk-eyes video. I did not mean to upset anyone or make you feel taken, just a joke that I did not execute in a way to come off as funny, Sorry.

gargoyle
03-20-2010, 14:56
Its a joke folks...read the whole thread. Paul is a jokester:lol:

Paul, I warn you....do unto to others.....it may be a long year. lots of folks got "paybacks" on the mind.:glare::mad:

lonetracker
03-20-2010, 15:01
hook line and sinker:lol:last time i do not read whole thread before posting

pizza
03-20-2010, 15:05
I thought it seemed a bit fishy and my instinct was correct when I read through the thread.:lol:

gargoyle
03-20-2010, 15:08
Good luck with your new buckles PG. Your evil humor will haunt you forever now.

Hawk, I got a bone to pick with you as well.

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 15:11
Good luck with your new buckles PG. Your evil humor will haunt you forever now.

Hawk, I got a bone to pick with you as well.

Hmmm ... maybe a month in China and Indonesia isn't as bad as I was thinking!

Anyone getting the "PRIVATE" message yet? Went on the account settings and it shows PUBLIC .... not sure what's up.

Go to my YouTube link below and it'll be the first video listed "OPERATION ARROWHEAD"

pgibson
03-20-2010, 15:12
Hey Hawk, I think we should both lay low, you started this, you buying my ticket?

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 15:15
Meet you in Chicago O'Hare International Tuesday morning pal ... :woot:

pgibson
03-20-2010, 15:17
You Fool, Now they know where and when to find us!

poker88
03-20-2010, 15:19
Kudos to a well-executed (albeit early!) April's Fool's joke. <g>

gargoyle
03-20-2010, 15:19
Hawk the vid showed up fine in snowy, cold Michigan. 60 degrees yesterday, snow and 30 today. and thats no joke.....

While your away Hawk, the rest of will concieve a master plan....
enjoy your trip:rolleyes:;):sneaky::tonguesmilie::tongueup:

revenge...a dish best served cold.

Mule
03-20-2010, 15:24
HeeeHaaawwww Not that was an awesome video.

MacEntyre
03-20-2010, 15:34
Paul, I hope none of these people who are thinking 'payback' will be visiting you in person later this year!

...but if they are, it will be fun to watch!

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 16:12
You Fool, Now they know where and when to find us!

ha that's where I just directed you and them! :woot:

Hawk the vid showed up fine in snowy, cold Michigan. 60 degrees yesterday, snow and 30 today. and thats no joke.....

While your away Hawk, the rest of will concieve a master plan....
enjoy your trip:rolleyes:;):sneaky::tonguesmilie::tongueup:

revenge...a dish best served cold.

hmmm wonder how long I could really hide in the gorge? ;)

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 16:13
Paul, I hope none of these people who are thinking 'payback' will be visiting you in person later this year!

...but if they are, it will be fun to watch!

Nawh he's safe ... as long as he doesn't anger the midget ninja.

Trout
03-20-2010, 16:13
Sorry to hear this.

Alan
03-20-2010, 16:23
You got me. Well played, gentleman.
I hereby declare both of you mean tricksters!

As punishment, I state publicly that I will NOT purchase anything from PGibson/AHE for the period of...well...at least the next few minutes!

I also publicly state that I will NOT go back and watch that awesome...um...cough...I mean...terrible Hawk-eye video again and again and again.

There. That ought to teach you both a lesson!

:laugh:

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 16:45
There. That ought to teach you both a lesson!

:laugh:

duly taught! ;)

Cranky Bear
03-20-2010, 17:53
See and I was tryn to be sincere to you Paul, you "n" Hawk a couple of pranksters. Have to say though, very well done, you both got me, I guess if I could have watched the vid the first time I would have caught on! Well played, it's a shame, real shame, you never know who will be lurking around that next corner:eek: :lol::lol::lol:
Everyone we need to come up with somethin good!!!!!!!!!!!

CB

ikemouser
03-20-2010, 18:59
They saw all the outdoor stuff and were like:

Wth is this stuff?

I think you need to think back in time if you made anyone mad, if not it could be completely random. Have you reported this to the police?

ikemouser
03-20-2010, 19:02
got me lol.

WrongTurn
03-20-2010, 19:36
Clip? Clip?

They're magazines people, Magazines!!!!!

Lol good joke none the less.:lol:

MacEntyre
03-20-2010, 19:55
Clip? Clip?
Ya gotta excuse Hawk-eye... he has a spare 'clip' for his 1911, and won't holster it cocked and locked because he says it's unsafe. :rolleyes:

He does know how to make a video, though. :cool:

Counselor
03-20-2010, 20:12
Ya gotta excuse Hawk-eye... he has a spare 'clip' for his 1911, and won't holster it cocked and locked because he says it's unsafe. :rolleyes:

He does know how to make a video, though. :cool:

Well that is just silly - you always always always keep one in the chamber. You never know how much time you will have.

gargoyle
03-20-2010, 21:17
hmmm wonder how long I could really hide in the gorge? ;)

While your gone, I'm gonna fill the Gorge with concrete. that'll teach you smarty pants a lesson.;)

SmokeHouse
03-20-2010, 21:26
Paul,,, where's that shop of Yours located??? :lol::lol:;)

Barefoot Child
03-20-2010, 21:29
Yeah, let's all put a REAL hurting on Paul's little shop in the woods....we can just say that the Evil Dr. HawkEye did it. :rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 21:31
While your gone, I'm gonna fill the Gorge with concrete. that'll teach you smarty pants a lesson.;)

Ha ... now that's a lot of concrete! :woot:

Barefoot Child
03-20-2010, 21:35
That amount of concrete is no problem for a real gargoyle with an ax to grind!

Question-Does a gorge Rat toast faster or slower,:mad: with or without concrete stuffing inside?

Hawk-eye
03-20-2010, 21:43
... Question-Does a gorge Rat toast faster or slower,:mad: with or without concrete stuffing inside?

Not sure it matters with the fat old tough ones! ;)

mbiraman
03-20-2010, 23:19
Very cool video Hawkeye.

Hawk-eye
03-21-2010, 05:01
Very cool video Hawkeye.

Well thank you ... glad you enjoyed it.

GrizzlyAdams
03-21-2010, 07:39
hawk-eye,
you're the HF master of video mood.

kinda warped sense of humor though.

I salute you!

Hawk-eye
03-21-2010, 08:05
hawk-eye,
you're the HF master of video mood.

kinda warped sense of humor though.

I salute you!

Thank ye sire .. and yeah warped a bit for sure! Must be be the Mad Cow Disease. ;)

questtrek
03-21-2010, 11:04
Ha ha ha ha ... very funny ... UGH... almost fell for it before reading on ... Loved the video ... :lol:.... was shaking my head ...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

JohnSawyer
03-23-2010, 21:25
****! I just got the last of the OLD cinch buckles... Now I'm behind the technology curve again!

D!#* you Paul! :D

lazy river road
03-23-2010, 22:08
Paul I think its to make woopie sling boobie traps and self tensioning trip lines.
:scared:

RePete
03-25-2010, 08:49
Paul I just ordered from you this morning then read this thread. As soon as i read your first post I said to my wife..."I sure hope they didnt take all the woodland camo strapping." Then I realized it was a prank. Best part is I actually saw Hawk's vid the other day and had no idea it was connected to this thread.

HamMike
03-25-2010, 16:14
Yeah lets all place orders and buy up all his stuff then he'll have a large bank account to manage. He'll be so famous from his excellent customer service that he won't be able to go to the movies without the hammock paparazzi hounding him for pictures. Then you'll be sorry Paul Gibson!! Mwaahaha!!Mwaahahaha!