PDA

View Full Version : Neck Draft Collar 40º/50º Ghost Pepper

NeighborhoodNinja
02-12-2020, 17:12
Im getting ready to order a Ghost Pepper in either 40º or 50º. Im wanting to hear what others think about whether a Neck Draft Collar is beneficial at these temp. I have a Draft Collar on my 20º quilt and on my 20º mummy bag and love it. Im just unsure whether it would get in the way on a 40 or 50. Im not quite sure if it'll be needed. Thoughts?

Yarome
02-12-2020, 17:48
I never used one until my most recent TQ purchase (20*)... and find I'm actually really loving it. Going forward... my current thought is that it's such an inexpensive add-on I would rather always have one than not. I don't see it really getting in the way, and on an untypically cooler night than expected, might just be that extra few degrees difference for a fitful nights sleep.

Dlrocm
02-12-2020, 21:13
it couldn't hurt - especially if you already like the collar on your other quilt. i wouldn't add one at those temps, but that's just me. HYOH

reznix
02-12-2020, 22:33
I have a Ghost pepper 20 with draft collar and a 40 without. I haven't missed it on the 40 and have used it down to high 30's. If you like the option and don't mind the extra cost or slight weight increase, I can't see it getting in the way. It does add a nice pillow-y end to the quilt for sure.

chapinb
02-13-2020, 18:20
I have a Ghost pepper 20 with draft collar and a 40 without. I haven't missed it on the 40 and have used it down to high 30's. If you like the option and don't mind the extra cost or slight weight increase, I can't see it getting in the way. It does add a nice pillow-y end to the quilt for sure.

This.
Never missed having one on summer quilts, but I would appreciate one on my 20.