PDA

View Full Version : footprint

alphaqlater
03-23-2010, 13:35
Hey guys, new to the forums and still tweaking my fresh setup. I was wondering your thoughts about using an old footprint from an REI Half Dome 2HC Tent. I no longer use the footprint and thought I'd recycle it. I was recommended to try using a Poncho or JRB nylon cover underneath my setup to deflect the elements.

Heres my setup:
ENO Pronest
ENO Profly
3/4" webbing w/ descender ring suspension
Kelty Light Year xp 40* Pull up bag

What would be the best way to rig this underneath my sleeping bag?

Just Jeff
03-23-2010, 13:52
A quick easy way is the JRB setup, pictured here:
http://www.tothewoods.net/JRB.html

alphaqlater
03-23-2010, 16:29
Sweet! Nice and simple solution. Thanks!

myles to go
03-23-2010, 17:53
Hey there, I did this very thing with a tent footprint I got on sale for $4 at LL.bean. I put shock cord on all edges so I could contol it and loops on the corners so I could hang it like Just Jeff shows. This set up hanging below my DIY underquilt worked great to keep wind out and heat in but the one draw back would be the condensation that built up on it. I didn't know till morning that this was happening, It did get down to 25° and I was quite warm. I think if it was vented a bit more by lossening the shock cord on the ends or sides it would have work a bit better. Still a great project to do and I will still use mine to help keep me warm. Good luck and post your results. :)