PDA

View Full Version : Hello from East Central WI

sawdustdave
03-14-2020, 12:48
Hi!

Lurked here awhile, figured I should join. Been hammock camping less than a year. Many years a tent camper. My late wife would have none of that "Camper" or "RV" camping, she taught me much. Hammock is a Dream Hammock Raven, with UGQ top and under quilts to 20 degrees. Camped out in my backyard at 14 F in January. Was nice and snug.

Figured I'd pick up some tips here moreso than elsewhere. Built a tripod to allow me to hang in the yard, with the other side on the clothesline pole. Works. Will built the other tripod this spring in case I need it.

Karla "with a k"
03-14-2020, 13:20
Welcome to the forums! I live south of you in Milwaukee. Hope to you make it to one of our upcoming hangs!

m00ch
03-14-2020, 15:22
Welcome to the forum neighbor. PM me if you need to try out any gear. There is also a great guy named Tumbleweed on the forum who invites us to his land near Iola a few times through the year. It is a great, laid back time.

Tumbleweed
03-14-2020, 15:41
Watch for the "Da Shack" hangs on my farm just west of the Iola Winter Sports Club grounds. Google is your friend.
T.

robfishman
03-17-2020, 10:08
Welcome Dave! I’m up in Green Bay, lived in Appleton for years. What tarp are you hanging there?

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watertooner
03-17-2020, 13:33
Welcome to the forum!