PDA

View Full Version : who has a tarp pattern?

Crawldaddy
08-02-2007, 15:47
Do any of you know of someone who might have a pattern to sell for a cat tarp? I think I got my wife convinced to make me a silnylon one. Already got the material ordered. Lots of info and instructions but she's thinking a pattern would be easier if she had one.

angrysparrow
08-02-2007, 16:03
Do any of you know of someone who might have a pattern to sell for a cat tarp? I think I got my wife convinced to make me a silnylon one. Already got the material ordered. Lots of info and instructions but she's thinking a pattern would be easier if she had one.

You have looked at BlackBishop's directions (http://www.jhatkhat.com/Khat/camping/bcdir/)? I'm not aware of there being any more detailed tarp instructions/patterns than his posted on his site.

Cannibal
08-02-2007, 16:07
I think he's looking for the pattern that BlackBishop recommends making so that you only have to measure once.

stoikurt
08-02-2007, 16:45
I don't imagine anyone has a full size tarp pattern, which sounds like what you want. But, you can make a pattern from BB's directions in about an hour or less out of poster board. All six cat cuts are the same so you only have to make 1 curve pattern. And really you only need to make half of the curve.

Coffee
08-07-2007, 20:28
I made mine like his blackcat. I have weathered a few storms. I would consider not a true hex. But have the sides parrellel to the ground longer then the other sides. I think that would leave less wasted space on the ends.

slowhike
08-07-2007, 20:33
I made mine like his blackcat. I have weathered a few storms. I would consider not a true hex. But have the sides parrellel to the ground longer then the other sides. I think that would leave less wasted space on the ends.

hey HE... i see you've found a computer out there<g>.

T-Dubs
08-07-2007, 20:37

As an estimate, what sort of length (or ratio) would you recommend on the 'longer' sides?

TWS