PDA

View Full Version : Blocking Marketplace to scammer and Tapatalk users

attroll
11-05-2020, 22:28
In the past month or more, we have been dealing with many scammers trying to scam users out on money through our Marketplace forums.
In an effort to try and stop these scammers, we have removed the Marketplace forums from being seen on the Tapatalk app in hopes that this will help.
You can still view all forums by using a browser.
This is a something we’re trying to see if this will prevent scammers.
Please be patient with us.

darkbyrd
11-05-2020, 22:34
I wondered what was wrong when I logged into Tapatalk and couldn't find the for sale forum. I hate scammers are ruining it for honest people. I will be much less likely to buy if I can't check on my phone.

The for sale forum isn't blocked, it's just hidden from the main list. I can still access it through subscribed threads and recent posts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201106/c756ebfe0933a1505b431535311ba6ee.jpg

dkurfiss
11-08-2020, 17:37
I am bumping this back up as I have had to refer a couple of people to it.

attroll
11-09-2020, 22:18
Even though you can't see the Marketplace in Tapatalk, you can use the browser on you phone an d view them through you browser.

darkbyrd
11-10-2020, 15:20
Even though you can't see the Marketplace in Tapatalk, you can use the browser on you phone an d view them through you browser.The website is not mobile friendly, and is a horrible experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OneClick
11-12-2020, 13:10
How are they getting in without 50 posts? Or do they actually take the time to pump out 50 posts?

cmc4free
11-12-2020, 13:27
How are they getting in without 50 posts? Or do they actually take the time to pump out 50 posts?

That only applies to listing items in For Sale, right? These jokers are responding (in PM, it sounds like) to members' WTB posts.

OneClick
11-12-2020, 13:33
That only applies to listing items in For Sale, right? These jokers are responding (in PM, it sounds like) to members' WTB posts.

Oh got it. I didn't understand fully at first.

dkurfiss
11-12-2020, 15:57

Yep, that would be correct

mcimes
11-12-2020, 17:24
I dont understand how people are losing money. If you pay with Paypal Goods and Services I have never lost money on a deal. In 20 years and thousands of transactions of buying online through paypal and maybe 10 disputes with paypal I have never lost a dime. Paypal has given my money back after the seller cant prove shipping or delivery.

Even with sales that say "$200 F&F" (Friends and Family, which has NO buyer protections), just pay the guy $206 G&S(Goods and services) and for $5 you have a basically a 100% foolproof money back guarantee as part of G&S. 3% insurance (By paying as G&S) is cheeeeeeeeap insurance for dealing with people you dont know.

That said, 99.7% of person to person online transactions have gone flawlessly for me. The overall scam rate is pretty darn low on most forums in my experience. A few bad apples are prolific scammers and make us all paranoid. Just use G&S and buy whatever whenever from whoever.

akaCat
11-13-2020, 08:51
While it’s true that F&F should never be used when buying/selling, you’ve gotten lucky. PP isn’t accountable to anyone, and their rulings can be capricious.

signhanger
11-24-2020, 07:47
I hate that a few ruin for all.
I have picked up some great gear and am always looking for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rex Clifton
12-19-2020, 12:28
You can still see the for sale posts in the timeline, so I don’t see the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro