PDA

View Full Version : ENO Doublenest sale

FanaticFringer
08-04-2007, 23:26
Saw this deal today. I'm looking at getting a Doublenest and this is a good deal.
Only problem is it says "assorted colors" as your only option. I e-mailed them and asked them if they had the color(s) I am interested in.
www.basegear.com/eagles-nest-doublenest-hammock.html

Preacha Man
08-04-2007, 23:29
Wow that is a good deal. I wanted to try one out yesterday, but the store was all out :( Thanks FF for the link

Cannibal
08-04-2007, 23:32
I've been waiting on an excuse to try the DoubleNest. $6 shipping ain't bad either. Good find FF!

jlb2012
08-05-2007, 07:27
if only ENO didn't have such remarkable color combinations - I could easily see "assorted colors" resulting in a pink and purple combination

FanaticFringer
08-05-2007, 07:59
if only ENO didn't have such remarkable color combinations - I could easily see "assorted colors" resulting in a pink and purple combination

That would be uncool for sure.:cool:
I'm also looking at a Treklite double hammock:www.shop.treklightonline.com/categoryNavigationDocument.hg?categoryId=2
Only $10.00 more and I like their color options better than ENO's.

angrysparrow
08-05-2007, 08:32

All of the offensively colored ENO's seem to involve purple. Purple+Pink, Purple+Teal, and Purple+Green. The others aren't too bad.

But I do like boring colors. My ENO is black and khaki. :rolleyes:

Dameon
08-05-2007, 16:37
I bought myself a Trek light double, it is silver and charcoal

FanaticFringer
08-05-2007, 17:06
I bought myself a Trek light double, it is silver and charcoal

That's the color I'm looking at. Would look great with my Blackcat tarp.

jlb2012
08-06-2007, 03:05
what is the difference between the Trek Light and the ENO? - they look to be very similar - the TL comes with an S hook and ENO with a 'biner but other than that they look much the same

headchange4u
08-06-2007, 08:02
what is the difference between the Trek Light and the ENO? - they look to be very similar - the TL comes with an S hook and ENO with a 'biner but other than that they look much the same

There are like 3-4 companies out there that make a hammock the looks surprisingly similar to an ENO. I have always wondered if they come from the same source.

angrysparrow
08-06-2007, 08:24
There are like 3-4 companies out there that make a hammock the looks surprisingly similar to an ENO. I have always wondered if they come from the same source.

Not only that, but they have very similar listed weights, dimensions, and weight ratings. The different vendors do offer different colors and suspension options, though. Quite curious indeed.

I don't know that it's a bad thing, though. I've got an ENO and I think it's a great hammock.

Cannibal
08-06-2007, 09:04

Ahhh, but for $15.99 you can order 2 biners and 2 lengths of rope to go with your TrekLight hammock. :D

schrochem
08-06-2007, 11:27
Isn't the eno style just a rectangle with a channel at the ends?
Like the jungle hammocks?
If that's the case I think a DIY at 60" wide and 11' long would be pretty easy to make......

Cannibal
08-06-2007, 11:32
I haven't taken mine apart, but I suspect that they are a tapered cut. The ends are cinched and there is not any excessive bunching of material like what I saw when I did a DIY with cinching. Just a guess.

jlb2012
08-06-2007, 13:22
Ahhh, but for $15.99 you can order 2 biners and 2 lengths of rope to go with your TrekLight hammock. :D

Actually its going to cost more than that for the 4 descender rings - shipping cost to a PO box was higher than it should have been IMO ($9+ for Priority Mail).

BTW the only reason I ordered the Trek Light hammock instead of the ENO was ENO would not ship to a PO box and TL would.

Cannibal
08-06-2007, 13:34
Actually its going to cost more than that for the 4 descender rings - shipping cost to a PO box was higher than it should have been IMO ($9+ for Priority Mail).

BTW the only reason I ordered the Trek Light hammock instead of the ENO was ENO would not ship to a PO box and TL would.

I dunno, $9 for priority mail is about the norm. What really hurts my feelings is when I order 'stuff' that doesn't weigh more than 2lbs. total and the shipping is more expensive than my order. Makes me want to order more 'stuff' just so the shipping doesn't seem as bad.

It's a conspiracy! :D

slowhike
08-06-2007, 14:32
I dunno, $9 for priority mail is about the norm. What really hurts my feelings is when I order 'stuff' that doesn't weigh more than 2lbs. total and the shipping is more expensive than my order. Makes me want to order more 'stuff' just so the shipping doesn't seem as bad.

It's a conspiracy! :D

yeah, just like the hot dog maker putting 8 in a pack & the bun maker putting only 6 buns in a pack so you have to buy two packs of buns:mad:
meanwhile mr bun maker is out sailing in his catamaran! GERRRR

but just in case anyone doesn't know, i'm just having fun:o

NCPatrick
08-06-2007, 14:42
I've seen hot dog buns sold 8 to a pack... :rolleyes:

That commercial drives my wife batty.

Preacha Man
08-09-2007, 20:28
I was going to buy 15' of spectra from aps, but the shipping was more than the rope, soooo I'll just wait till I need like 50'-100' lol

eflat7
08-27-2007, 12:21
REI is having a labor day sale on the ENO Doublenests 44.95

http://www.rei.com/product/754773

eflat7
08-27-2007, 12:22
Also.. ENO Singlenest 37.95!

http://www.rei.com/product/754769?cm_sp=prod*desc_rel_item*element

FanaticFringer
08-27-2007, 14:33
REI is having a labor day sale on the ENO Doublenests 44.95

http://www.rei.com/product/754773

Wish I had seen that yesterday. I ordered a Treklight Double for about $10 more. Oh well.....I do like the silver/charcoal color I'm getting better.

txulrich
09-05-2007, 11:36
Also.. ENO Singlenest 37.95!

http://www.rei.com/product/754769?cm_sp=prod*desc_rel_item*element

Alright, I picked one up during the sale and a pair of the Nano biners. They were out of the descending rings, but I ordered a set.

Yesterday, I received notice of the 20% off one item for REI members from the 7th to the 20th. I'll pick up the mosquito netting after my next paycheck. I need to go to home depot and pick up some tie down straps and strip the hooks.

When it's all said and done, I'll have an alternative setup to my hennessey.

Life will be good :D

FanaticFringer
09-05-2007, 14:49
Alright, I picked one up during the sale and a pair of the Nano biners. They were out of the descending rings, but I ordered a set.

Yesterday, I received notice of the 20% off one item for REI members from the 7th to the 20th. I'll pick up the mosquito netting after my next paycheck. I need to go to home depot and pick up some tie down straps and strip the hooks.

Before you know it it'll be cool/cold and you wont need that mosquito netting.
How cold does it get in the Dallas area by the way?
You will enjoy the different experience of a top loader/no bugnet/wider hammock.

eflat7
09-05-2007, 15:25

I accidentally tossed my catalog. What was that coupon code? I think it was autmn07 or something like that.

txulrich
09-05-2007, 15:30
I accidentally tossed my catalog. What was that coupon code? I think it was autmn07 or something like that.

I can look when I get home, but if you use it at the store, they'll take care of it for you.

txulrich
09-05-2007, 15:35
Before you know it it'll be cool/cold and you wont need that mosquito netting.
How cold does it get in the Dallas area by the way?
You will enjoy the different experience of a top loader/no bugnet/wider hammock.

The ENO bugnet has a lot more volume that the integrated HH. I reckon (****, I must be turnin into a redneck or somethin) that I would stay a touch cooler in the summer.

The coldest it's gotten in the 4 years I've been here is in the upper 20's. That's in January, just before dawn.

In contrast, we went out last month and it only dropped to about 78. The second night it stayed above 80. Way too hot to sleep.

FanaticFringer
09-05-2007, 15:39
The ENO bugnet has a lot more volume that the integrated HH. I reckon (****, I must be turnin into a redneck or somethin) that I would stay a touch cooler in the summer.

The coldest it's gotten in the 4 years I've been here is in the upper 20's. That's in January, just before dawn.

In contrast, we went out last month and it only dropped to about 78. The second night it stayed above 80. Way too hot to sleep.

Yu gawtta probem wit redneks boy?:p
Just kiddin.

txulrich
09-06-2007, 08:16
Yu gawtta probem wit redneks boy?:p
Just kiddin.

I think the South is startin to seep into this **** Yankee.

You know the difference between a Yankee and a **** Yankee??????

?
?
?
?
?
?
?

A Yankee is a northerner that comes south for the winter and returns in the spring. A **** Yankee is a northerner that didn't know enough to go home!!!!

pure_mahem
09-29-2007, 00:32
You guys aint gotta worry bout me doin either, too **** hot for me! And I like fourwheeling in the snow!

Tobit
01-09-2008, 22:55
I just checked the link and they still show this for $44.95. Very nice, too bad you can't pick your color though. Nice price for my first hammock though.

- JT

Growler
01-18-2008, 11:12
Anyone that ordered these, Did they let you put a color request in, and if you did order it, what colors did you end up with?

FanaticFringer
01-18-2008, 17:50
Anyone that ordered these, Did they let you put a color request in, and if you did order it, what colors did you end up with?

You might try e-mailing or calling them and asking about certain colors. Pink would not be very stealthy.:D

Growler
01-19-2008, 14:35
Hahaha, actually, that is the color i wanted ;)

FanaticFringer
01-19-2008, 16:34

Woops.....sorry:o

Tobit
01-19-2008, 16:35
I hope you're a she. :p

- JT

Growler
01-27-2008, 15:55
No, im just joking around, thats why i had the little wink guy ;) and yes, i am a he.

Growler
02-04-2008, 07:59
Just wanted to let everyone know, I just got an email from basegear, and they are completely sold out of the doublenest hammock, for at least 4-6 weeks.

Hana Hanger
02-04-2008, 17:47
The Trek Light Hammocks look exactly the same as my Ticket to the Moon one as well.

I did notice however that the ENO only says High Strength
Breathable Woven Nylon and the Trek Light and Ticket to the Moon says Breathable Parachute Nylon?

Is there a big difference?? Could it be that is why my ENO single is worn out and my Ticket to the Moon is still going strong???

daibutsu
02-04-2008, 20:13
Maybe they are the same!! Just like auto batteries all made by about two companies. All I know is I have a single Trek light, bought it when the owner person was likely drunk and posting an unique, and super cheap deal, for us on Hammockforums. I bought two, one for a new convert whom has now purchased a Speer for camping.

Dance with who brought you, I always say.

Rick

slowhike
02-04-2008, 20:30
from what i've herd others say, they may be made in the same place... same fabric, just distributed by different companies.