PDA

View Full Version : Trail winder storage question

stevebo
04-13-2022, 21:18
Hey guys , I just bought a 20 degree trail winder non asym. I have a question- since the insulated portion isnt quilted ( like a ray jardine quilt) , when you stow the quilt in your pack, are there any special precautions or techniques to prevent the insulation from being stressed or damaged? ( or do you just stuff it in ?) Also is there any danger of over compressing the quilt?

CVKealey
04-13-2022, 21:33
I usually sort of roll mine. No idea if it makes a difference for the longevity of the quilt, but I find it easier to pack that way. If I'm in a hurry, I just stuff it in as I would any other quilt.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

LowTech
04-14-2022, 11:18
I've always just stuffed it into a liner bag in the bottom of my pack if I'm backpacking, and into a compression dry bag (only compressing as much as I need for space) when kayaking. The rest of the time it lives in a pillow case.

rweb82
04-14-2022, 12:25
I also stuff mine inside the liner bag at the bottom of my pack. I have had no issues with the insulation getting damaged; but I do know that synthetic insulation will break down over time after many compression cycles.