PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Velcro

Dutch
04-12-2010, 15:16
I am going to use sheet velcro (http://www.hookandloop.com/site/department.cfm?id=velcro_brand_wide_loop_3001&level=2669)to make my hiking clothes out of. That way I can just stick my gear to me where ever I want. Kind of like a David Letterman meets Molly Mac Pack. It has gotta be light wieght and insulates at the same time. I'll just make the my stuff sacks out fo the scratchy velcro. Want your toilet paper? Just reach down on your leg and rip it off.

What do you'all think, is it doable?

headchange4u
04-12-2010, 15:43
Awesome idea. I'm surprised you are the first so come up with it. It might collect debris though.

pgibson
04-12-2010, 16:35
I have hundreds of yards of 3/4 inch omni tape you could stitch that together into large panels--that would cut down on regular Velcro snagging on things and crud build up.

JohnSawyer
04-12-2010, 17:42
I am going to use sheet velcro (http://www.hookandloop.com/site/department.cfm?id=velcro_brand_wide_loop_3001&level=2669)to make my hiking clothes out of. That way I can just stick my gear to me where ever I want. Kind of like a David Letterman meets Molly Mac Pack. It has gotta be light wieght and insulates at the same time. I'll just make the my stuff sacks out fo the scratchy velcro. Want your toilet paper? Just reach down on your leg and rip it off.

While you're at it, you might as well make a rear-flap that's secured with velcro, and Velcro the TP holder just above it... :rolleyes:

If you made it out of omnitape, you couldn't stuff it anywhere or even wash it since it would stick to itself and eventually be a big ball you'd have to fight to open it...

I could just see it now, Dutch goes to scratch himself and gets his arm stuck...:lol:

HappyCamper
04-12-2010, 17:53
Awesome idea! And you can make a velcro hammock too! No more underquilt suspension, you just stick the UQ onto hammock. No more hammock pocket wings with their added weight. Just stick your stuff sacks within reach. Dutch, just like the Dutchclip, I think you are onto something. And with all that velcro, it ain't coming off.

Dutch
04-12-2010, 17:59
You wouldn't need a hammock. Just a couple peices of webbing with velcro that you stick too. Under or over it wouldn't matter.

I'm also thinking of a new sport. Omni tape suit wrestling.

Peter_pan
04-12-2010, 18:02
Don't put it on the inside of your thighs or you will never take the second step...:scared:

Might make a modern day chastity belt though...:rolleyes:

Pan

JohnSawyer
04-12-2010, 19:11
Don't put it on the inside of your thighs or you will never take the second step...:scared:

Might make a modern day chastity belt though...:rolleyes:

Pan

:lol::lol::lol:

On your pants, you wouldn't need zippers or buttons... If you wore velcro gloves, you might get stuck between your fly open, or your fly closed with hands permanently attached...

Barefoot Child
04-12-2010, 19:18
Us visual learners need pictures.....as you already know...without pictures it didn't happen. HYOH/YMMV

And as always....I'm just saying. :rolleyes:

sclittlefield
04-12-2010, 20:04
Us visual learners need pictures.....as you already know...without pictures it didn't happen. HYOH/YMMV

And as always....I'm just saying. :rolleyes:

I dunno... some of what's come up, I'd rather not see in pictures! :lol:

gargoyle
04-12-2010, 20:06
Dutch, whats it weigh in grams and ounces?

I wonder if theres a Velcro Forum? hmmmm, bunch of people with nothing better to do than talk "velcro", sad.

G.L.P.
04-12-2010, 20:20

LOL.....

i can see it now....everything you walk by would be stuck to ya...that would be Funny..

beep
04-12-2010, 20:22
LOL.....

i can see it now....everything you walk by would be stuck to ya...that would be Funny..

Instant Ghillie suit...just roll over on the ground a couple of times and you'll disappear!!!:laugh:

gnome
04-13-2010, 08:46
this forum is certainly full of endlessly inventive folk, makes me feel all proud, gnome