PDA

View Full Version : UQ Suspension System

kayak karl
04-13-2010, 08:20
i use JRB Suspension System. the things i hate are the little caribiners. they are hard to work with mittens on. (everything has to pass my mitten test) i was thinking to attach the suspension cord permanently to under quilt and just have one clip on each end. any ideas????

drewboy
04-13-2010, 08:31
If you don't mind a few more grams weight, then replace them with a larger size carabiner maybe? A full size Camp Nano weighs 23 grams.

i use JRB Suspension System. the things i hate are the little caribiners. they are hard to work with mittens on. (everything has to pass my mitten test) i was thinking to attach the suspension cord permanently to under quilt and just have one clip on each end. any ideas????

rigidpsycho
04-13-2010, 13:41

That's how I did the suspension on my uq I just made. I have a S-biner on each end. I have the shock cord through the loops on the Uq with a cordlock where the suspension can be adjusted. I got the idea from seeing mules snugfit at the Red River gorge hang Thanksgiving weekend.

Peter_pan
04-13-2010, 18:40

KK, et al,

It is way easy to install your UQ at home...Pack hammock and already attached UQ in a plastic bag at the bottom of the pack, or middle if you smartly stow the TQ in the bag first.......Pull it out, hang it up, get in and never take your mittens off.

Winter equals different techniques as much as warmer gear...

Pan

kayak karl
04-13-2010, 19:40
KK, et al,

It is way easy to install your UQ at home...Pack hammock and already attached UQ in a plastic bag at the bottom of the pack, or middle if you smartly stow the TQ in the bag first.......Pull it out, hang it up, get in and never take your mittens off.

Winter equals different techniques as much as warmer gear...

Pan
i got 4 of your quilts, i like to shake them out before set out. at 0 degrees this is important. love your product, but need a simpler set up. any ideas. remember when the elastic froze and i used tarp tentioners from my rig line to my under quilt:)