PDA

View Full Version : Video: 2q & Zq Mod4

Hawk-eye
04-25-2010, 07:18
Well .. I got my new HH Mod 4 from the fine folks at 2Q & ZQ Hammock Specialties ... and I was not even slightly disappointed.

This has got to be the way to go ... the only way to go for modifying the HH for me.

The option will be included in their offerings this evening but here is what I got. An almost completely removable mosquito net that packs into it's own permanently attached small peak bag. I have a full length single pull zipper on the right side (right as you are laying in the hammock) and a two way full length zipper on the right hand side. The two way and fully retractable mode is accomplished by a single full length zipper that has three pulls. Two facing each other head to head and one that is similar to the right hand zipper.

Tim and Donna are the nicest, most creative people I've never met! Hope to remedy that this next month ... but again their work and creativity have provided hammockers with another reason to love their Hennessey Hammocks.

Apparently I had a hole in my netting ... probably from packing my gear while laying it on the hammock netting. ZQ on her own ... repaired this for me. Now how is that for customer service?

Like my previous purchases from them ... the workmanship is fantastic. It just doesn't look like it was ever modified ... EVEN my repair work! Looks like it came from the manufacturer like this!

You'll have to wait for Tim to get back with us on the amount of weight change to the hammock but it's basically the weight of the extra full length zipper and the extra pulls. It's nothing for the functionality you are getting. So "gram weenies " this will be your only sticking point ...

Thank you for letting me be the second one to get this new mod ... Tim got the first one. He also got cookies with his though! :woot: Come to think of it ... I'm probably fat enough ... so no harm, no foul on that one!

I was and still am suffering from Jet Lag ... so please ignore the ramblings in this video ... can't help it! Beyond even my normal MCD! (Mad Cow Disease).

NOTE: Apologies to Tim and Donna for mis-spelling "Specialties" in the title ... MCD! :woot:

Just loaded so give it time to process ... looks nasty when they're still processing ... :woot:

MOD4 Review by the lake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn8oQPBZwHI)

vn8oQPBZwHI

Dutch
04-25-2010, 07:29
Another excellent mod. I heard a rumour that they can make ones that were modded b4 and make them a mod4. Great vid and very informative. Hawk is cute.

Hawk-eye
04-25-2010, 07:31
.... Hawk is cute.

:scared: Dutch needs glasses! :lol:

Take-a-knee
04-25-2010, 08:37
Thanks for doing the video and putting it up. Great job. Mod #4 looks like the way to go.

G.L.P.
04-25-2010, 08:46
Man that came out great!!!

with all the sweet mods 2QZQ does it makes ya wanna go out and get an HH to have them mod :D

slowhike
04-25-2010, 09:12
Good job Hawk! And Great Job Tim & Donna!!!

SmokeBait
04-25-2010, 09:47
Great video and review Hawk-eye. 2Q & ZQ have once again out did themselves. That is a great HH mod. ZQ's work is nothing short of perfection. She even takes time to fold the hammocks ever so neatly prior to shipping. Top notch product by top notch folks!

SmokeBait

Hawk-eye
04-25-2010, 10:02
Thanks for doing the video and putting it up. Great job. Mod #4 looks like the way to go.

Thank yee ... and yeah definitely the way to go!

Man that came out great!!!

will all the sweet mods 2QZQ does it makes ya wanna go out and get an HH to have them mod :D

Yeah and to heck with the warranty! ;)

... And Great Job Tim & Donna!!!

YOu got that one right Tim!

Great video and review Hawk-eye. 2Q & ZQ have once again out did themselves. That is a great HH mod. ZQ's work is nothing short of perfection. She even takes time to fold the hammocks ever so neatly prior to shipping. Top notch product by top notch folks!

SmokeBait

Glad you like it ... and yeah you should see my Grizz Beaks ... I've not gotten laundered shirts back that well folded! In Sil Nylon yet! :D

JerryW
04-25-2010, 10:50
Great job on the video. If I had a Hennessy I'd surely be having that mod done.

And Michael, you can just call me Jerry. :laugh:

Stone
04-25-2010, 10:58
Great video. I'm glad that I waited, MOD4 is the only way to go. Now if I can bare to be without my hammock....

Ken
04-25-2010, 12:13
Good job Michael. I enjoyed that.

Ken

Shug
04-25-2010, 12:27
Hey Hawk-eye ... you said "zipper" 568 times!!!!!!
OK ... I loved seeing those mods. I like the way you talk and enjoyed your jet-lag!
Just did three days of Cirko Cabaret so it was fun to sit here and listen to the ramble........
Glad you are back in country..... soon .... the Gorge )))))))))
Stumbly Shug

moski
04-25-2010, 13:11
Great jobs!
Both the video and the mod4 was great!
If i had a Hennessy i surly would have it done.

Thanks for sharing!

Alan
04-25-2010, 13:24
I've been waiting for this video! Very nice, Michael. Just how I imagined the new mod would be. No...I take that back. It's BETTER than I imagined it would be.

The new mod#4 looks awesome! If my calculations are correct, the 3rd hammock to roll out of the 2Q/ZQ factory with mod#4 should be my Desert Rat.
:thumbup:

2Questions
04-25-2010, 13:53
A big "Thank you"from ZQ and I to Hawkeye for taking the time to make a great video for us introducing our new Mod #4......especially when under the influence of jet lag. It came out really well Hawkeye, and including the out takes was a good idea too. Most enjoyable! I will include a link to the video on our website.:thumbup:

I'm working on it now and should have something up and running in a few hours. ZQ and I just got back from car camping with friends and the rain this morning at teardown has slowed me up a bit. A hot shower, cup of coffee, and good reading on HF will get me up to speed.

Hawk-eye
04-25-2010, 14:58
.... And Michael, you can just call me Jerry. :laugh:

... and even happier to call you a friend Jerry!

Great video. I'm glad that I waited, MOD4 is the only way to go. Now if I can bare to be without my hammock....

Worth the wait ... more than worth the wait!

Good job Michael. I enjoyed that.

Ken

Thank yee pal!

Hey Hawk-eye ... you said "zipper" 568 times!!!!!!
OK ... I loved seeing those mods. I like the way you talk and enjoyed your jet-lag!
Just did three days of Cirko Cabaret so it was fun to sit here and listen to the ramble........
Glad you are back in country..... soon .... the Gorge )))))))))
Stumbly Shug

Yeah and that is AFTER I edited out a lot of rambling! Hawk-eye is very glad to be back in country too pal ... needing that BIG DITCH FIX!

Great jobs!
Both the video and the mod4 was great!
If i had a Hennessey i surly would have it done.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comments ...

I've been waiting for this video! Very nice, Michael. Just how I imagined the new mod would be. No...I take that back. It's BETTER than I imagined it would be.

The new mod#4 looks awesome! If my calculations are correct, the 3rd hammock to roll out of the 2Q/ZQ factory with mod#4 should be my Desert Rat.
:thumbup:

Wait till ya git it pal ... you're going to love it! Better than we speculated!!!!

A big "Thank you"from ZQ and I to Hawkeye for taking the time to make a great video for us introducing our new Mod #4......especially when under the influence of jet lag. It came out really well Hawkeye, and including the out takes was a god idea too. Most enjoyable! I will include a link to the video on our website.:thumbup:

I'm working on it now and should have something up and running in a few hours. ZQ and I just got back from car camping with friends and the rain this morning at teardown has slowed me up a bit. A hot shower, cup of coffee, and good reading on HF will get me up to speed.

Wow ... thanks ... I'm truly honored ... glad you folks like it ... been liking your work for a while now! All the other goodies I ordered were most excellent. Love the Grizz Beaks, Peak bag and the undercover protector!

Hope your overall camping trip went well even with the rain!

clearskyblue
04-25-2010, 15:01
Thats a very nice hammock you have there now Hawk.Very liberating making that net dissapear like that.Nice sewing indeed nice vid also etc ,etc.

Alan
04-25-2010, 16:06
I have to say that Donna has done it...again!

The craftsmanship (craftswomanship?) has no equal. The repair job to your hammock using the little fabric triangles looks better than factory! Simply incredible!

2Questions
04-25-2010, 16:08
WEBSITE UPDATED
Our website has been updated with the Mod #4 information. Take a look. :thumbup:

mbiraman
04-25-2010, 16:11
Good video and even better zipper mod. Makes me want to buy an HH just to trick it out.

Geek
04-25-2010, 16:34
I have to say the mod #3 on my Hennessey is perfect! the work-woman ship is amazing.

if you saw a Hennessey for the 1st time you would think they came like that. It is a perfect job!

I am very happy with the customer service and would not even think twice to refer people to pack up their hammock and send it down for the mods.

Thanks 2Q and ZQ for the work!

Javaman
04-25-2010, 20:06
I have Mod 2 . . . Breakfast From The Hammock works great!!

My new JRB BMBH just arrived and I have to admit the omnitape leaves alot to be desired after having a 2QZQ zipper mod on my HH. Can't wait to get the new hammock up to ZQ for some of her zipper voodoo.

Oh, and some Grizz Beaks.

And the tent pole mod for my tarp.

Maybe HH Mod 2 should get changed out for Mod 4 . . . .

:D:D:D

lazy river road
04-25-2010, 20:27
Awesome Video Hawk-Eye, the mod four makes me want to buy a hennesy, I love the net no net option. Very innovative. I need to send my BWWD out for the tarp pole mod I just havent been able to part with it yet !

Hawk-eye
04-25-2010, 22:16
Thats a very nice hammock you have there now Hawk.Very liberating making that net dissapear like that.Nice sewing indeed nice vid also etc ,etc.

Still my favorite ... and now even more so!

I have to say that Donna has done it...again!

The craftsmanship (craftswomanship?) has no equal. The repair job to your hammock using the little fabric triangles looks better than factory! Simply incredible!

She's amazing for sure ...

Good video and even better zipper mod. Makes me want to buy an HH just to trick it out.

Glad you liked ... I liked doing it too.

I have to say the mod #3 on my Hennessey is perfect! the work-woman ship is amazing.

if you saw a Hennessey for the 1st time you would think they came like that. It is a perfect job!

I am very happy with the customer service and would not even think twice to refer people to pack up their hammock and send it down for the mods.

Thanks 2Q and ZQ for the work!

Well said ... CS is amazing for sure.

I have Mod 2 . . . Breakfast From The Hammock works great!!

My new JRB BMBH just arrived and I have to admit the omnitape leaves alot to be desired after having a 2QZQ zipper mod on my HH. Can't wait to get the new hammock up to ZQ for some of her zipper voodoo.

Oh, and some Grizz Beaks.

And the tent pole mod for my tarp.

Maybe HH Mod 2 should get changed out for Mod 4 . . . .

:D:D:D

Got me some beaks with this same shipment ... really sweet stuff.

Awesome Video Hawk-Eye, the mod four makes me want to buy a hennesy, I love the net no net option. Very innovative. I need to send my BWWD out for the tarp pole mod I just havent been able to part with it yet !

Thank you ... I love my HH ... err ... "War Hawk" Hammock :lol:

mtncmpr
04-25-2010, 22:56

Looks like another HIGH QUALITY job by 2Q&ZQ

Great job on the video Michael. (What lake were you at? Brandt, Higgins, Belews??)

Hawk-eye
04-25-2010, 23:15
Looks like another HIGH QUALITY job by 2Q&ZQ

Great job on the video Michael. (What lake were you at? Brandt, Higgins, Belews??)

Hey Glen ... it's along the eastern end of the "Piedmont Trail" along the north shore of Lake Brandt. I parked at the trail head that's located along "Lake Brandt Road" just north of the dam. It's on the very tip of the point I marked on the attached GE photo.

MacEntyre
04-28-2010, 13:23
Hawk-eye, that is an excellent video review! Most thorough, and nothing is left out, except the special effects, but we'll have other videos with specialtes effectes, correctamente?

Hawk-eye
04-28-2010, 13:28
Hawk-eye, that is an excellent video review! Most thorough, and nothing is left out, except the special effects, but we'll have other videos with specialtes effectes, correctamente?

You betcha! Keep an eye out for a Crow's Nest Video coming to a forum near you soon! ;)

animalcontrol
04-28-2010, 13:33
looks like a very professional mod!
thanks for the video review and if I ever have a HH given to me, I will ship it to 2Q ASAP

Hawk-eye
04-28-2010, 13:35
looks like a very professional mod!
thanks for the video review and if I ever have a HH given to me, I will ship it to 2Q ASAP

It is ... very much so actually ... I've had work done by those fine folks a couple times now. Really good work.

... and everyone should have a Grizzbeak or two! ;)

Hawk-eye
07-01-2010, 07:25
Well with high 90's, high humidity and just nasty weather ... it was a true joy to string my HH up last evening to catch a couple hours of breeze time as the humidity and temps dropped to much nicer levels.

It was really ... really nice to use that MOD4 to lay that bug net back and just enjoy the breeze. Then when the bugs got their second wind ... just reach up and I was golden!

Thanks Tim and Donna ... loving my MOD4

2Questions
07-01-2010, 07:37
Thanks Tim and Donna ... loving my MOD4

You are very welcome Hawk-eye!!

Keep an eye open for a new thread/post from sir_nOthing;) If the post office delivers his new "something" on time, it should happen on/after the weekend!
Donna

Hawk-eye
07-01-2010, 07:40
You are very welcome Hawk-eye!!

Keep an eye open for a new thread/post from sir_nOthing;) If the post office delivers his new "something" on time, it should happen on/after the weekend!
Donna

SOUNDS INTERESTING!!!! Can't wait!

lazy river road
07-01-2010, 07:57
great Video Hawk-Eye. and great stitching Donna. I remember Tim showing me his mod 4 at the spring MAHA and it looking really cool, this is a great mod. I wish it could be done to the WBBB. But this makes me want to get a HH instead of a WB traveler for my next hammock. Hum decisions decisions. Any way thanks again hawk-eye for another great video and thanks 2q & zq for giving me something else to go ask my fiance permmision for on weather or not I can spend more money on camping toys :rolleyes:

Hawk-eye
07-01-2010, 08:07
great Video Hawk-Eye. and great stitching Donna. I remember Tim showing me his mod 4 at the spring MAHA and it looking really cool, this is a great mod. I wish it could be done to the WBBB. But this makes me want to get a HH instead of a WB traveler for my next hammock. Hum decisions decisions. Any way thanks again hawk-eye for another great video and thanks 2q & zq for giving me something else to go ask my fiance permmision for on weather or not I can spend more money on camping toys :rolleyes:

Thank you! Well I know what you mean ... I have a Traveler ... love it. But as much as I loved my HH ... this MOD4 turned it from a "pocket knife" to a "Swiss Army Knife" if you know what I mean ... just gives me the best of both worlds. Slap a 2QZQ Peak bag in there and you really have a Lolly Gagger's paradise :woot:

SkyPainter
07-01-2010, 12:47
Thank you! Well I know what you mean ... I have a Traveler ... love it. But as much as I loved my HH ... this MOD4 turned it from a "pocket knife" to a "Swiss Army Knife" if you know what I mean ... just gives me the best of both worlds. Slap a 2QZQ Peak bag in there and you really have a Lolly Gagger's paradise :woot:

====> Good to hear! I am planning on sending my HH Exped Asym to the Qs for the MOD4 upgrade right after the Vermont hang next weekend! :D I think it will REALLY help the functionality of the HH hammock!

This is getting to be WAY too much fun!:boggle:

Hawk-eye
07-01-2010, 12:56
====> Good to hear! I am planning on sending my HH Exped Asym to the Qs for the MOD4 upgrade right after the Vermont hang next weekend! :D I think it will REALLY help the functionality of the HH hammock! ....

It really does! It's the way a HH should have been to begin with! ;)

Gailainne
07-01-2010, 14:58
Hmmm, excellent video, jet lag, what jet lag?

That's done away with the only two problems I really had with the HH, the bottom entry, and subsequent contortions to get into a sleeping bag, and not being able to easily manipulate (underblanket) things thru the netting.

Agreed the DD has the zippers, but, the HH is in my opinion has a far more comfortable less claustrophobic sleeping position. I still have a 2nd generation DD and still use it, and sold on the HH, these mods may make me review that decision.

Hawk-eye
07-01-2010, 15:26
It was there ... most of making that video was a fog! :woot: nearly 40 hours travel time will do that!