PDA

View Full Version : Whoopie colours. (Australian spelling)

Alpha Yak
04-29-2010, 04:14
Opie,

I'm in the market for your highly praised whoopie slings, just curious could the green be considered stealth or would black/grey be better?

Thanks in advance.

PS. Opinions are welcome and encouraged from all comers.

opie
04-29-2010, 04:44
The green certainly isnt like an OD green.... So I wouldnt say its stealthy... But its not bright either....

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp200/opie0074/P1010458.jpg

Alpha Yak
04-29-2010, 04:52
Are the other colours shown in the photo available?

opie
04-29-2010, 06:16
Yes, black is on the left and gray is in the middle.

Thanks for asking, I forgot to update the website.

Rug
04-29-2010, 07:08
The grey being shown (on my screen) is far different then the grey WS that I have at home.

My grey is much brighter (closer to a Sharpie marker housing). A few points to keep in mind; nothing is stealthy from 10' (2.5m) away. What you want is steathly through the foiliage, and just about any of those colours will do the trick.

I like the grey because it is 'bright-enough' that I can see it at night and not walk into it and clothes-line myself.

opie
04-29-2010, 07:32
The grey being shown (on my screen) is far different then the grey WS that I have at home.

My grey is much brighter (closer to a Sharpie marker housing). A few points to keep in mind; nothing is stealthy from 10' (2.5m) away. What you want is steathly through the foiliage, and just about any of those colours will do the trick.

I like the grey because it is 'bright-enough' that I can see it at night and not walk into it and clothes-line myself.

Yes, the gray is a little lighter, as are the other 2 pictured. The flash washed out the colors in the picture and I was under flourescent light.

E.A.Y.
04-29-2010, 09:59
Although I don't have any of Opie's rope work (Oh, wait! I do on my new gravity filter, anyway ...) I chose grey for my DIY hammock's suspension since that is more or less the colour (Canadian - ha!) of the bark around here.
Of course my original attempt was bright green and bright blue. Now I try to be a little more visually quiet

Shug
04-29-2010, 10:09
The gray blends nicely into the piney woods.........

Cranky Bear
04-29-2010, 10:38
I have the gray and just like Shug it blends nicely! I have missed seeing it walking up to the hammock once and almost clotheslined myself but found saw the tarp first!

Bleemus
04-29-2010, 10:47
The gray blends nicely into the piney woods.........

Yeah, what he said. Grey is the ultimate neutral color.

Alpha Yak
04-30-2010, 00:35
Thanks all.

I'm off to whoopieslings.com Grey it is.

I think maybe a set of tree huggers and some toggles while I'm there!

Alpha Yak
04-30-2010, 00:43
Turns out I will have to wait a few days, Opie is snowed under with custom orders. **** them.

opie
04-30-2010, 04:33
Alpha... Sorry about that. Ill be back up and running Monday......

Alpha Yak
04-30-2010, 18:31
No worries, good to hear you're busy.

SuperTramp
04-30-2010, 19:17
colour = proper spelling:D

opie
04-30-2010, 22:00

Along with cm and mm, right?

:lol:

BrianWillan
05-01-2010, 10:10

Along with cm and mm, right?

:lol:

Well, you 'mericans, on here are measuring things in grams and mm now. So the rest of the world is slowing converting you to the modern wonders of a metric system. :tongueup:

I also never did understand the phobia towards the letter 'U' with Americans, but I digress.

Cheers

Brian

opie
05-01-2010, 10:58
Well, you 'mericans, on here are measuring things in grams and mm now. So the rest of the world is slowing converting you to the modern wonders of a metric system. :tongueup:

I also never did understand the phobia towards the letter 'U' with Americans, but I digress.

Cheers

Brian

LOL!! I got a buddy of mine that can stand it when I say 'mericans, for unstated reasons.....

As for why we dont use the "u." 'mericans are lazy. Its faster to leave it out.