PDA

View Full Version : Workshop.

opie
05-02-2010, 17:08
But would anyone be interested in a workshop to learn how to make slings and such?

I suppose it could turn into a hang... But it would need to be someplace I can be close to my vehicle so I dont have to pack a bunch of stuff.

Im willing to travel to a more central location for those interested.. Say within 200 miles or so of Lansing, MI. Preferably a free camp area....

Suggestions, opinions.....

BurningCedar
05-02-2010, 17:15
I'd love to do it! :D Unfortunately I have the same distance restriction as you (within 200 miles or so of Kansas City).

That means our "travel circles" don't overlap. :crying

pndwind
05-02-2010, 20:26
Alabama's nice this time of year, and soon you can see the sheen on the water!
My vote.

flair4040
05-02-2010, 20:29
Wouldn't you love to come to Western North Carolina Opie? Pisgah is very nice this time of year.

opie
05-02-2010, 20:56
I love a good road trip.... But its the whole "work" thing that gets in the way. Time off during the summer, unless its already scheduled, is non existant.

Unless my 4th grandmother dies....

flair4040
05-02-2010, 21:39
I would love to learn to make slings. What will be the best way to learn?

swampfox
05-02-2010, 21:44
Wouldn't you love to come to Western North Carolina Opie? Pisgah is very nice this time of year.

Yes it is.

Irvingdog
05-02-2010, 22:13
If you came to Minnesota, and got together with Shug......
I can only imagine the draw this would have. I use a 20 dollar tarp and 25 dollar hammock, and I'd go to this "hang".

wisenber
05-02-2010, 22:20
I love a good road trip.... But its the whole "work" thing that gets in the way. Time off during the summer, unless its already scheduled, is non existant.

Time to give up on this whole work thing and follow your calling.
If you figure out how to pull that off, I'd buy your "how to kit" from your infomercial..so long as it could be paid in three easy installments. :lol:

On a heavier note, that does sound like a good idea. Geography may be a challenge though.

gargoyle
05-03-2010, 07:26

Again? Wow Op, sorry to hear of the family loss...you sure have had a string of badluck with your relatives......;):lol::D

I used to work with a guy who who had twelve grandparents "die". In one year??????

Had to call him out on that one?! Just abusing the "day-off" system. Ruined it for lots of other folks.