PDA

View Full Version : Right side up upside down

GingivitisKahn
05-05-2010, 06:30
Ok - I'm a noob to hammocking (except for that one night waaaay back when) and to ENO hammocks and to the forums so here's a good noob question.

On the doublenest (single too, I suspect), is there a generally accepted top and bottom and/or head and foot end? Using the stuff sack as a reference point, do most people hang w/ that so that it's easy to access while laying in the hammock or so that you have to reach up under the hammock to interact with it - this addresses top / bottom if such a thing exists. To address head / foot, do most people lay w/ the bag on their right or left?

Alternatively (I suppose this could apply to most hammocks, not just eno) should the long edge seams be rolled up towards the top (when one hangs) or down towards the bottom or does it just not make a difference?

gargoyle
05-05-2010, 06:57
Bag on the out side, right or left is a personal choice.
No real head or foot end, but after a while, the fabric can show head end stretch. Which is good, makes the hammock fit like a glove.

But as far as strength, in or out have not mattered for me.

ps...not an eno, but a similar style hammock here.

GingivitisKahn
05-05-2010, 16:43
That seems pretty reasonable. Thanks much!

Zachalope
09-03-2010, 22:39
I have a single and a double. I am slightly obsessive about such things so I always lay in it with the pocket open to the top and to my left. My reasoning is that is how the pocket is supposed to work and I put my wallet, phone, knife etc in it when sleeping. As far as head and food end, my feet sweat a lot even when sleeping so I want to keep my feet at the same end every time so my head isn't laying in my foot sweat. Hammock works equally well in any layout though as far as function.

gunner76
09-04-2010, 18:50
Does not make a difference unless you need to use the built in stuff sack to hold your beer. :D

Big Jim Mac
09-04-2010, 22:43
I just discovered how well that pocket works to hold a beer! Planning a DIY hammock, and I think I'll add one to that. Here's a pic of me with a well-deserved beer after a mountain bike ride on the Berryman Trail. My ENO seems to hang better if I stretch it out as far as possible. I did notice on this hang that I had it upside down, or at least it seemed that way to me.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/moselle1962/Hammock/trailsend.jpg