PDA

View Full Version : Store

opie
05-05-2010, 21:07
PLease dont order anything!!!! Im so swamped right now but had to get this done.

I would appreciate suggestions and ideas. I havent gotten any images loaded yet.... but I will.

http://www.shop.whoopieslings.com/

Id like to get my website as the domain so I can drop the "shop." Just a matter of time to get it done.

Javaman
05-05-2010, 21:25
Hey Opie,

We deployed Google Apps (Google's suite of online apps) for integrated and synched Contacts, Calendar and email. It works really well, especially since we can have it all at the domain level. This requires the Premium level of Google Apps, but at $50/user in the domain it's cheap compared to what we were paying for hosted mail alone. AAll these things are available to us from any browser on any computer connected to the internet, through our mobile devices or via Outlook.

If your site is through GoDaddy (which it appears to be) then configuring Google Apps with your domain is much easier since Go Daddy is one of their big partners. They have automated the required domain level synchronization.

This would give you domain level email ([email protected]) plus access to other Google Apps features you may like (such as the ability to build free mini-sites within your domain for your different products or areas of interest).

With Google Apps the options go on and on.

I suggest you check it out as you are updating your site.

opie
05-06-2010, 03:27
Thanks for the tip Java.. that does sound worthwhile.

Black Phoenix
05-06-2010, 12:09
It's a start, a new site will probably be necessary if you keep adding new stuff for sale.

Oscar-Blackeagle
05-06-2010, 12:24
Need pics for the items (above the links) and an Opie logo of some sort. Other than that it looks great.

TOB9595
05-06-2010, 13:21
I agree with the need for pics...
Tom

opie
05-06-2010, 13:51
Yep, pics will go up soon. Unfortunately all my previous pics were lost when my hard drive crashed. NOW I back everything up.

So all pictures will be new.

opie
05-06-2010, 21:57
OK.. So I got a chance to get the domain name switched over... so its still www.whoopieslings.com

Now I just need time to get it complete!!!

wisenber
05-07-2010, 10:32
PLease dont order anything!!!! Im so swamped right now but had to get this done.

I would appreciate suggestions and ideas. I havent gotten any images loaded yet.... but I will.

http://www.shop.whoopieslings.com/

Id like to get my website as the domain so I can drop the "shop." Just a matter of time to get it done.

Opie, that is just a DNS and directory issue. You can point the "root" of "whoopieslings.com" at any folder that you want. Google apps won't resolve that, it's just a configuration issue.

Since GoDaddy is hosting your site, you should be able to create an "[email protected]". It's included in your hosting plan.

If you bought the shopping cart option from GoDaddy, you can email them with questions regarding your "shop.whoopieslings.com" issue.

Now I just need to figure out how to order an ASR in time for Linville.:(

opie
05-07-2010, 11:27
Wizen, the issue was my domain was tied to my website tonight account. So I could only set the store up as a sub domain of whoopieslings.com. It's all done now.

I don't know if I want another email address. Just adding the store now means I get 3 email notifications of an order rather than 1 when I just had paypal buttons. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. I have used the support feature from GoDaddy and their customer service is top notch.

wisenber
05-07-2010, 11:39
Wizen, the issue was my domain was tied to my website tonight account. So I could only set the store up as a sub domain of whoopieslings.com. It's all done now.

I don't know if I want another email address. Just adding the store now means I get 3 email notifications of an order rather than 1 when I just had paypal buttons. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. I have used the support feature from GoDaddy and their customer service is top notch.

Sometimes it's hard to migrate in a production environment. You might look at buying "whoopietest.com" or something like that to do your development. You can copy the stuff over to your main domain once you get the kinks out.

Good luck and nice step forward!

opie
05-10-2010, 22:10
Well... Short of getting pictures taken... I am finally all caught up on orders. My plan is to open the store tomorrow evening. I am giving myself some time to get SOME pictures done tomorrow... But Ill more than likely open it regardless.

opie
05-11-2010, 18:03
The store is now open. I still need to get some images.. But I need some natural light to get that done. So in the coming days.

sclittlefield
05-11-2010, 21:35
Very nice - so much better than the old one. The store page especially makes it easy. Well done Opie.

SmokeBait
05-11-2010, 21:59
Opie, your website, like your products, is top notch now. Well done!

SmokeBait

opie
05-12-2010, 03:51
Thansk sc and Smoke. It should make life a little easier... Still tweaking, too.

WWJ
05-12-2010, 19:22
Your online order process does not allow for Canadian addresses. We need your stuff in the Great White North!

J

opie
05-12-2010, 19:36
Your online order process does not allow for Canadian addresses. We need your stuff in the Great White North!

J

I just fixed it...

Also.. I didnt add every country to the list. If your country isnt on the list just let me know.

Javaman
05-12-2010, 19:43
Opie,

Looks PRO!

Nice work. I know how much time this stuff takes so good job soldiering through.

Javaman

opie
05-12-2010, 20:02
Thanks Java...

Ive got some smaller rope thimbles on the way for when youre ready. Did you send your BMBH off to 2Q?

Javaman
05-12-2010, 20:47
Thanks Java...

Ive got some smaller rope thimbles on the way for when youre ready. Did you send your BMBH off to 2Q?

Its with them now. On to you when I get it back (note 2Q's recent post about loads of omnitape available for the cost of shipping).

A BMBH with 2Q/ZQ double-sided 3 zip mod and super-light WhoOpiesling suspension? It's gonna' be SICK!!! :lol::lol::lol:

opie
05-12-2010, 21:28
Its with them now. On to you when I get it back (note 2Q's recent post about loads of omnitape available for the cost of shipping).

A BMBH with 2Q/ZQ double-sided 3 zip mod and super-light WhoOpiesling suspension? It's gonna' be SICK!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Youll be the first...