PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Face

thorwren
05-10-2010, 01:26
Have you ever seen the weird faces of people trying to feed a baby? When they get ready to get a spoonful in, and they are so focused on getting that food in their mouths that they themselves, make the big "O" then clamp their own mouths down as the baby does?
Well, I am sitting here at 2:30AM, sewing side by side with Stormcrow, and I happened to look over to see his progress... Hilariously, I begin to witness that same face every time he sews a baffle on. "OOOooooommmmmmm"......"Ooooooommmmmm" It's hilarious, and it's late, which makes everything hilarious....And I am really, really tired. "Oooooommmmmmm"........

stormcrow
05-10-2010, 01:36
Okay, First of all, I was sewing a double stitch and I still have to focus on keeping them parallel. Second, I do NOT make any strange faces....it must be the lighting or something...And Third, get back to work. Although I know it is a marvelous thing to behold, I am not paying you to watch me sew.:D

...oh yeah, I am not paying you at all...carry on.:boggle:

~sleepycrow

sir White Wolf
05-10-2010, 02:45
We need Photo's or Video :lol::scared::lol:

TOB9595
05-10-2010, 03:00
hahahahaha

Great stuff!
Tom

Running Feather
05-10-2010, 03:36
We need Photo's or Video :lol::scared::lol:

Ditto ;) .................

opie
05-10-2010, 03:49
Wait... Have the two of you gone over to the electronic dark side?

Youre sitting next to one another but having an internet conversation with each other.

Adam... dont sweat it.... I stick my tounge out when making slings... Picked it up from my grandfather. Sometimes I move it around based on what my hands are doing.

Hawk-eye
05-10-2010, 04:18
Pictures? Heck no we want video! :lol:

animalcontrol
05-10-2010, 06:02
LOL!
A HF forum converstation between a couple in the same house!! priceless!!

Love you both!

KerMegan
05-10-2010, 06:49
but if they were texting each other, we couldn't share a laugh with them...

SmokeHouse
05-10-2010, 07:05
LOL!
A HF forum converstation between a couple in the same house!! priceless!!

Love you both!

What would we do without technology :lol:

MacEntyre
05-10-2010, 07:06
You have to hold yer mouth right...

Hawk-eye
05-10-2010, 07:29
This posts reminds me of my mom and dad ... they both have computers and it's not unusal for them to send each other emails ... I mean they're in they're 70's but it is only about 5 meters!

canoebie
05-10-2010, 08:38
This posts reminds me of my mom and dad ... they both have computers and it's not unusal for them to send each other emails ... I mean they're in they're 70's but it is only about 5 meters!

If I want my wife to really get something that is important from me, e-mail gets it every time. It is a high priority thing for her. I can totally understand.

oldgringo
05-10-2010, 08:46
If I want my wife to really get something that is important from me, e-mail gets it every time. It is a high priority thing for her. I can totally understand.

My wife will hurt herself getting to a ringing telephone, but she checks her mail only occasionally. Go figure.

Frawg
05-10-2010, 11:31
If you want to see weird faces, watch a musician (guitarist, violinist, etc) playing something difficult! :)

As to email, it reminds me of something critical that doesn't get much attention -- the shelf, e.g., a 'buffer' in the tech world. It allows decoupling between a producer and a consumer, freeing both to operate asynchronously, with certain benefits to each. Not that it's always desirable, mind you... ;)

Doctari
05-10-2010, 12:35
:D
I am sure I make similar faces when sewing,,, I mean "injecting thread" I would kind of like to see video of me making faces.

As long as the sound isn't on, I also think that I use a few "expletive deleted" words.

Been sewing for 50 years, can nearly sew with my eyes closed, but I have patience issues, as in I don't have any patience....... at all! So tend to hurry, which as we all know "The hurrieder I go the behinder I get" which leads to the faces & words. :D

thorwren
05-10-2010, 20:31
Yup, you all have trademark faces, I am sure! I'll try and sneak a video soon. We pull all nighters a lot...Yaawwwwnnnn...

MacEntyre
05-10-2010, 21:26
I am a picture of calm concentration when I make gear... never an ugly word from my lips!

:rolleyes:

WrongTurn
05-11-2010, 17:02
May I suggest a live webcam.

gargoyle
05-11-2010, 18:52
time to step away from the pfaff

http://www.friskylizard.com/photos/handsome-ugly-man_weird-picture-5_49.jpg

MacEntyre
05-11-2010, 19:14
...good grief! I haven't been surprised like that in a long time!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :scared: