PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Clip Marketing Logo Design

chickenwing
05-11-2010, 14:17
I got my Dutch Clips in today from the HF store.:boggle: Thanks HC4U. Not sure why but i was doodling at work and traced out the DC with the open side down. After looking at it for a little while my brain started playing tricks with the outline.:eek: What popped out at me was the image of 2 elephants ramming heads. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyway it got me thinking that this would be a great logo for the DCs. Not sure why I thought about this, but it sure does make the day go by quicker when waiting on information from people who don't care if you have a deadline.

dejoha
05-11-2010, 14:20
...it sure does make the day go by quicker when waiting on information from people who don't care if you have a deadline.

Yes! I have moments of "professional development" in such cases.

Dutch
05-11-2010, 18:18
I have thought about putting little business card stapled to the top of the bag like JRB has on their triglides and some of their other stuff. I may still do it and the elephant idea would be cool. As of now I just cleaned up my basement where I make and store gear. I had a garbage bag full of discarded packaging and got to thinking that the Dutch clips don't need the extra packaging. After all that is to market your product so people know what it is. By the time you get them, you should already know what it is and you already bought them. So it would be an extra expense in materials and time and just add to the garbage dump in the end.

We started recycling much more at work these days and it is amazing how much trash we produce to manufacture goods. It didn't sink in when we just put it in the dumpster and they hauled it away. But to see all the paper in one pile and all the plastic bags in another really shows you all the wastes to prduce anything. And I am sure to produce those bags also produce more wastes. So maybe I just need a two elephant avatar.

kayak karl
05-11-2010, 18:22
stores been closed for a week. who do you know :)

Dutch
05-11-2010, 18:36
stores been closed for a week. who do you know :)

I was thinking that too. Must have just gotten the order in before it went down.

MacEntyre
05-11-2010, 18:59
...2 elephants ramming heads.
That's the Bengali marriage symbol, implemented in a bracelet called a balaya or kara.

:sleep:

slowhike
05-11-2010, 20:12
We started recycling much more at work these days and it is amazing how much trash we produce to manufacture goods. It didn't sink in when we just put it in the dumpster and they hauled it away. But to see all the paper in one pile and all the plastic bags in another really shows you all the wastes to prduce anything. And I am sure to produce those bags also produce more wastes. So maybe I just need a two elephant avatar.

I know what you mean. I started recycling at home a few years back & when you start to put plastics, glass & aluminum in a separate container & see how that bulks up & the regular trash slows down, you start to say, "wow", no wonder they want us to recycle!:)

Browny
05-12-2010, 02:58
Since we're running off topic....

My local council don't use recycle bins. They take EVERYTHING you toss out and employ
folks to go through all of it, removing anything recyclable. They claim to have reduced
the amount we put into landfill by over 40%.

Makes you think eh!