PDA

View Full Version : And the gnashing of teeth shall commence....

Miguel
06-02-2010, 09:19
Just ordered one of Mac's IX Underquilts and "the wait" begins. I'll be matching it up with a Clark NX 250. I think with the Clark under pockets providing some additional dead air space, I'll be able to go even colder with Mac's UQ. We'll see.

I'm also going to attempt to suspend it to the side tabs that hold the netting poles. That would make for a very clean suspension with very short lines. Again, we'll see. I'll report back after I try it.

I'm really looking forward to the lighter weight and less pack volume. (read - I'm very excited) :)

Miguel

PS Don't be pestering Mac with frivolous emails....he has important work to do.

KerMegan
06-02-2010, 09:21
as long as you don't indulge in the weeping and wailing parts; you should be fine...

MacEntyre
06-02-2010, 10:01
Hey, Miguel...

MacEntyre is down in the sweat shop, so I thought I would reply to you.

We're really sorry about the wait. There is about a two week backlog of work in the shop right now, but all is going smoothly. We're also trying to get Tree To Tree Trail Gear up to speed so they can begin to fill orders.

On Saturday, a cast iron bracket holding the Consew foot lifter mechanism broke, but it was replaced on Tuesday.

MacEntyre worked most of Memorial Weekend, so is it ok with you if he goes to Linville Gorge this weekend?

Let us know if you have any questions!

- HumbleMonkey
Director of Customer Service, Public Relations and Specious Rumors
Molly Mac Gear
Jamestown, NC

Miguel
06-02-2010, 12:13
Hey, Miguel...

MacEntyre is down in the sweat shop, so I thought I would reply to you.

We're really sorry about the wait. There is about a two week backlog of work in the shop right now, but all is going smoothly. We're also trying to get Tree To Tree Trail Gear up to speed so they can begin to fill orders.

On Saturday, a cast iron bracket holding the Consew foot lifter mechanism broke, but it was replaced on Tuesday.

MacEntyre worked most of Memorial Weekend, so is it ok with you if he goes to Linville Gorge this weekend?

Let us know if you have any questions!

- HumbleMonkey
Director of Customer Service, Public Relations and Specious Rumors
Molly Mac Gear
Jamestown, NC

Mac already told me it would be about two weeks so I guess I have no questions. He has my official blessings to go to Linville this weekend.:)

Miguel