PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the price...

opie
06-04-2010, 19:02
On my guy lines. It does come, however, at the elimination of a feature.

I am going to stop making the second fixed eye in the guy lines. I came to a realization last nite that its not needed for the intended purpose of it being there, and thats getting a close to ground pitch.

If you are using the second fixed eye, then you arent using the tensioner. So you can accomplish the same thing by either placing the prusik over your stake, or using the tarps tie-out itself. This will also get you a couple inches closer to the ground.

Price will be lowered to $6 on the tensioned lines and $5.50 on the non tensioned lines. Ill make the change later this evening.

Redwood Guy
06-04-2010, 19:29
On your Single Line TRL.... why did you move away from using the little clear plastic things to using a Figure 9. Not sure I like this change...

opie
06-04-2010, 20:21
I assume you are referring to toggles.

I just went through this tonight setting up a new tarp with an old RL with toggles. It's very difficult to manipulate the toggles in high wind situations. It's also very difficult to
get a decent amount of tension on the RL without some mechanical advantage.

ikemouser
06-04-2010, 20:46
What dont you like about fig 9's. Its currently the only piece of hardware i use i my setup and it gets me a perfectly taut ridgeline everytime. have you tried the small metal ones? They seem to have more bite IMO than the plastic ones.

Cranky Bear
06-04-2010, 21:05
Actually depending on which fig.9 is being used, as I have a couple (some black, and some silver) and the black one's have a more visible tooth to grab the cord, where as the silver one's aren't as prominent, even still not that sure if it would make too much of a difference in holding power, but it might?!?!
Opie,
If you find this change for the better (as I remember you asking this in a thread not too long ago) then fine by me, I will still be purchasing your stuff!

Miguel
06-04-2010, 21:29
What dont you like about fig 9's. Its currently the only piece of hardware i use i my setup and it gets me a perfectly taut ridgeline everytime. have you tried the small metal ones? They seem to have more bite IMO than the plastic ones.

I've given up on the figure 9s in favor of the old truckers hitch for two reasons. Sometimes depending on the width of the hang I find I have to remove and reattach the figure 9, which I find annoying. Second It's more weight/crap I have to carry. I've been trying to simplify everything in my system. I would also trust the hitch in a storm more than I would a figure 9. (without a backup knot) It also gives me a perfectly taught line everytime.

Miguel

TrailH4x
06-04-2010, 22:01
I use a trucker's hitch also, though on my pack you will ussually always see a couple extra Fig9 carabiners (just in case I might need them :))...

I do find the Fig9's get my wrap closer to the tree in tight sets. I guess I like having options, even when I prefer not to use them. Kinda like a reverse and not so OCD complex thing :confused:.

Yes, sometimes I do find myself a bit much to deal with also... :scared: