PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Links

darkknight0667
06-10-2010, 20:35
For each of the vendor specific forums, it shows their web address. Is there any way to make that clickable? Or, barring that, to sticky a thread at the top which features a clickable link to their site? It would make getting to their sites a bit easier.

Thanks in advance for considering this.

angrysparrow
06-10-2010, 20:46
We gave that a shot once before, but when clicking around into the different subforums, it was really easy to mis-click and be directed off the forum. Right now it's pretty easy to copy/paste the link to get to one of the vendor sites, but perhaps we can try it again.

darkknight0667
06-12-2010, 12:30
I see what you mean about being able to accidentally click on links listed below the names. A few accidents like that (and I'm sure they'd be easy to make) would have me annoyed, too. Maybe a post just inside their area with the link might be something.

Thanks for speedy reply.

opie
06-16-2010, 04:20
Most of us have a link to our sites in our signature. What I usualy do is go into a subforum and find a thread where the last post is the member who owns the business, open up their profile and you can click on their link from their member information. This bypasses having to actually open the thread....

BootHole
04-17-2011, 22:12
I decided to necro an old thread instead of posting a new one.

Right now it's pretty easy to copy/paste the link to get to one of the vendor sites, but perhaps we can try it again.

Has there been any more thought to this idea? I would very much prefer to have a clickable link. Mostly because I hate the copy/paste process on my phone.

If you still don't want to make the address clickable on the main forum screen, what about adding a link in the actual sub-forum for that vendor? Since Opie was the last to post I'll use WhoopieSlings (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91) as the example. Maybe where it says "Threads in Forum : Whoopie Slings" there can be a link added? Or somewhere around the top of the thread listings.

JaxHiker
04-18-2011, 12:19
The Warbonnet url needs to be changed from .net to .com.

DemostiX
05-25-2011, 14:00
Is there a page on the forums where suppliers of camping-related hammocks and supplies can describe their operation and product line?

After reading a flame war of allegations (and questions?) about one or another hammock maker; and after noticing that there is a new North Carolina - based fabricator -- a "cottage industry" with fabrication right there -- ISTM that a catalog as a sticky here would be useful.

Even more useful if experienced hangers composed a standard form questionnaire for the suppliers to answer. That would cut down on some anger and help people spend according to their own beliefs about trade and industry.