PDA

View Full Version : Clark tarp question

daydreamer
06-22-2010, 09:01
I prefer to run my ridgeline and then attach prussik knots to the ends of it which attach to the outer tarp tabs/grommets for tensioning. I'm not crazy about running my line underneath the tarp as I think its kinda bootleg plus I don't get it taught like I prefer.

I'm having a hard time telling from the pics on the Clark website. Can someone tell me which method is used to rig the tarp?

I'll try to get some pics together if anyone is fuzzy on what I'm asking here.

Thanks,

bigbamaguy
06-22-2010, 09:18
CJH tarps are normally hung with a length of cord from each end of the tarp to the tree for anchorage. I have not seen one run with a continuous ridge line, yet!!!! I think this is because the tarp is an intergral part of keeping the head and foot sectioins of the hammock suspended using the stock shock cord sections. I have stopped using the tarp that came with my NX-200 and gone to a BWDD Winter Dream year round. I keep the head and foot sections of the hammocks bugnetting suspended by using lengths of shock cord that are attached to the ridgeline of the tarp with Nite-ize S beiners. They are also adjustable for amount of stretch by using a cord lock as well, for when I pitch the tarp low in the "winter" time.