PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Plug!!!

Arkwater
11-07-2006, 10:08
Placed an order with Pan & Smee (Jacks-R-Better) Friday evening, it was setting on my doorstep Monday when I got home. Those guys are great!! Also they have always answered my email questions quickly. Give em a shot and you won't be disappointed.

Certain
11-07-2006, 11:40
Placed an order with Pan & Smee Friday evening, it was setting on my doorstep Monday when I got home. Those guys are great!! Also they have always answered my email questions quickly. Give em a shot and you won't be disappointed.

I couldn't agree more. Top notch service.

Ewker
11-07-2006, 11:53
Placed an order with Pan & Smee Friday evening, it was setting on my doorstep Monday when I got home. Those guys are great!! Also they have always answered my email questions quickly. Give em a shot and you won't be disappointed.

who is Pan and Smee?? Sounds like a law firm

headchange4u
11-07-2006, 11:56
I think that's Pan and Smee of the Jack-R-Better fame.

Just Jeff
11-07-2006, 12:12
Jack T. = Peter Pan
Jack M. = Smee

And most of JacksRBetter's stuff is GREEN...see a theme?

Jack, can't wait to see the new stuff you were talking about. Did you see the quilt/pants at BPL? Might be a good idea for the Nest. Coupled with the NS/poncho that would be a full insulated suit.

Hehe - I don't think I'd use a law firm named "Pan and Smee" though... :D

ShakeyLeggs
11-07-2006, 13:26
I totally agree they do provide a great product and do provide the best customer service. You can't go wrong by buying from them. :)

FanaticFringer
11-07-2006, 15:52
who is Pan and Smee?? Sounds like a law firm

They are the law of the land when it comes to hammock gear.

Peter_pan
11-07-2006, 16:07
They are the law of the land when it comes to hammock gear.

This is the Sheriff.... not really ...my wife says that I'd have to grow up to become sheriff.... thanks for the compliments...

BTW, a week ago, all of this years customers got an email announcing the JRB Early Bird Stocking Stuffer Sale this month.... 20-50 percent off all accessories and the winter Old Rag Mtn quilt for the no snivelling price... so we are letting you in on it, since none of them shared the announcement...

Pan

ShakeyLeggs
11-07-2006, 17:09
This is the Sheriff.... not really ...my wife says that I'd have to grow up to become sheriff.... thanks for the compliments...

BTW, a week ago, all of this years customers got an email announcing the JRB Early Bird Stocking Stuffer Sale this month.... 20-50 percent off all accessories and the winter Old Rag Mtn quilt for the no snivelling price... so we are letting you in on it, since none of them shared the announcement...

Pan
There ya go Pan lettin the cat outta the bag. We were keeping this to ourselves so we could snag all the goddies. :D

Certain
11-07-2006, 19:52
Hey Pan.....as soon as I got that email of the sale, I emailed my family, because I'm asking for the hammock gear hanger/pack cover for christmas. Hmmm...I wonder if Santa has put in an order yet! :)

slowhike
11-07-2006, 21:18

. Did you see the quilt/pants at BPL? Might be a good idea for the Nest. Coupled with the NS/poncho that would be a full insulated suit.
.jeff... are you talking about the bpl cocoon pants?

Just Jeff
11-07-2006, 21:36
No - Bill Fornshell posted pics of an old REI half-bag that converts to pants with suspenders. I think it was in the "wearable quilts" thread. With some tinkering, I think the Nest could be turned into pants. Actually, I'm gonna go get mine right now and start playing.

Coffee
11-07-2006, 21:56
Jeff you got to post a pic of you wearing the nest as pants and the No Sniveller as a coat. Now that is stylish.

FanaticFringer
11-07-2006, 22:19
I just had a vision of a green Michelin Man.:D

titanium_hiker
11-07-2006, 22:24
yes, but a WARM green Michelin Man. :P

TH

Peter_pan
11-08-2006, 07:48

. Did you see the quilt/pants at BPL? Might be a good idea for the Nest. Coupled with the NS/poncho that would be a full insulated suit.
.jeff... are you talking about the bpl cocoon pants?

Jeff, et al,

The Nest does convert into wearable pants.... the area over the crotch is all that remains open... This spot is easily covered by the lower front of the wearable No Sniveller top... When the hood and sleeves are used the JRB Threee Season Set will encase the wearer other than the feet, hands and a three inch circle infront of the nose and mouth.... Put on oversized Dri Ducks and you have a winter Snow suit ranging from 2-4 inches thick...

Pan

slowhike
11-08-2006, 08:08
No - Bill Fornshell posted pics of an old REI half-bag that converts to pants with suspenders. I think it was in the "wearable quilts" thread. With some tinkering, I think the Nest could be turned into pants. Actually, I'm gonna go get mine right now and start playing.

that`s interresting... a little heavy (the original piece), but i`m sure bill will get it lightened -up. i found it by clicking on bill`s name, then clicking on "see all threads started by bill". ...tim

slowhike
11-08-2006, 08:12
Jeff, et al,

The Nest does convert into wearable pants.... the area over the crotch is all that remains open... This spot is easily covered by the lower front of the wearable No Sniveller top... When the hood and sleeves are used the JRB Threee Season Set will encase the wearer other than the feet, hands and a three inch circle infront of the nose and mouth.... Put on oversized Dri Ducks and you have a winter Snow suit ranging from 2-4 inches thick...

Pan

that`s interresting too. do you have pictures wearing that out-fit (w/o the dri-ducks)? ...tim

Peter_pan
11-08-2006, 10:31
that`s interresting too. do you have pictures wearing that out-fit (w/o the dri-ducks)? ...tim

Tim

There was a picture of this in our local Newspaper Daily Press, last Spring.... We are going hiking in a day, but when we get back next week, we'll suit up and take a picture so that it can be posted.

Pan

Just Jeff
11-08-2006, 11:04
I put the Nest on last night...the footbox velcro only comes up to my knees, so everything above my knees was hanging open. I took a few pics...I'll try to get them up today.

Peter_pan
11-08-2006, 12:26
I put the Nest on last night...the footbox velcro only comes up to my knees, so everything above my knees was hanging open. I took a few pics...I'll try to get them up today.

Jeff,

See post 8....you got it right....dri ducks go a long way to completing the system and the NS front covers the open area...try it you'll see what I mean.

Pan

Smee
11-08-2006, 23:48

I just posted pictures with and without the Dri-Ducks. I guess they'll be available as soon as a moderator approves them.

Smee
11-09-2006, 08:53
OK. I screwed something up loading the pictures last night. Here's the one without the Dri-Ducks.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=98&c=13

Just Jeff
11-09-2006, 09:56
Man, that is SEX-EEE!! Is that a sauna you're standing next to, all bundled up like that?

Peter_pan
11-09-2006, 14:01
Man, that is SEX-EEE!! Is that a sauna you're standing next to, all bundled up like that?

JJ,

Yup...The JRB suana store house for all quilts before shipping is the secret of their exceptional warming qualities....:D

Let the laughter begin..... but it is warm.:)

Pan

ShakeyLeggs
11-09-2006, 17:21
JJ,

Yup...The JRB suana store house for all quilts before shipping is the secret of their exceptional warming qualities....:D

Let the laughter begin..... but it is warm.:)

Pan

I was wondering how you did get them so warm. And here I was thinking you had Tinker Bell sprinkle faerie dust on em:D

FanaticFringer
11-09-2006, 17:25
Robin Hood. Men in Quilts.:D

headchange4u
11-10-2006, 08:35
Looks like the Stay-Puff marshmallow man had an accident with green paint. ;) :)

Coffee
11-11-2006, 20:13
I just figured out in a Speer style hammock I can leave the next attached but push it off to the side. That way it is hanging next to my hammock for when it is warm out and not needed.

Everyone else probibly knew this, but coming from a HH, I thought it was cool.

Just Jeff
11-11-2006, 22:15
Posted some pics of yours truly wearing the Nest. My wife caught me and cracked up.

http://www.tothewoods.net/JRB.html

SGT Rock
11-12-2006, 13:36
Awsome products and service. I just got some of their new suspension lines for my boys to us in their hammocks. Plus some of those lighter caribeeners.

I have a lot of good stuff from them.

Excellent job guys!

slowhike
11-12-2006, 14:27
Posted some pics of yours truly wearing the Nest. My wife caught me and cracked up.

man, that`s great demonstration jeff! i hope you & the jacks are talking about new possibilitys<G>.
last trail days (06) i talked to jack & jack about some of my ideas that were partly fuled by the no sniveler.
that is to have the hole near the top, alowing you to bring the quilt around you in front to close like a jacket. this would also include two arm-holes designed very much like the neck-hole.
my idea for the head/arm holes is like i`ve already described elsewhere... a slit W/ a short, insulated collar. this collar has a channel for a draw string on the outside, half way up the collar. the cord used is a light elastic cord w/ a micro cord lock.
when this elastic cord is tightened, it gentaly snugs the insulated collar around your neck/arms with out that choking feel.
when loosened, ...ventilation.
when not in use, pull the cord through the micro cord locks to compleatly close off the holes.
when sleeping in the cold, put your head through the head hole & lay your head on the flap beyond it. this greatly reduses hot/cold air exchange at the top of your sleep system, even when you roll. there again the head hole can be loose for venting or closed for heat retention.
this type of collar is easy to make. i have one on the top cover of the insulated winter hammock i made last winter. works great!
i`ve continued to think about & play around w/this concept, just haven`t made a proto-type yet. guess i better get busy, or jeff`s going to beat me to it<G>. ...tim

Peter_pan
11-13-2006, 09:48

Nice pics JJ... JRB Quilt oragami....We always did want to write that article but just got too busy.

Pan

Just Jeff
12-04-2006, 03:21
Just started a thread about the pants I prototyped (http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearHalfBagPants.html) like Bill F's REI pants.
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2966#post2966