PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down theperfecttrees.com…

stormcrow
07-03-2010, 15:06
…And opening HammockGear.com (http://hammockgear.com/)! I know, I know, that was a low blow to get you click on this thread....:lol::cool: I apologize for the confusion but I think we can agree that the new name will be a little easier to remember!

Ok, so we’ve launched the new website with a new look and a new name! But, we're still working through the some kinks, and I need your help! Naturally, I would not expect something for nothing, so here is what I have come up with.

Since "The Perfect Trees" is becoming HammockGear (http://hammockgear.com/), all the reviews of our products that include our former name no longer make sense… PLUS, I really appreciate honest feedback on our work. Be it positive or otherwise, I want to know what you have to say…

So, with that in mind, here is my idea:

From now through the 6th of July, I will give you free shipping (conus) and 10-15% off all orders placed in exchange for your promise to provide me with an honest review of our products once you receive them.

If you LOVE your topquilt or underquilt, fantastic!

If there are things that you would change, I WANT TO KNOW THAT TOO…:scared:

(Note: Reviews may be used as testimonials on the site… other feedback will be used for improving our products.)
Here’s how it will work:

When you submit your review (try to put a little effort into it… Bust out your thesaurus!) just type “iwilltalk” into the promo-code section of the cart when you check out, and I will give you 10% off your entire order and FREE shipping (Conus).

If you want to go for extra points, take the time to flip on a video camera and record your review or testimonial. I’ll give you 15% off and free shipping for your trouble. Just enter “iwillfilmit” into the promotion code field when you check out.

Your discount will be applied right there in the cart! (Remember: This expires at midnight, July 6th!)

Obviously, we are working on the “honor system”. But I am sure I can trust my HammockForum family...:boggle::D:D

Thanks everyone, and happy shopping!

-Stormcrow

TopQuilts

Summer Burrow (http://hammockgear.com/shop/topquilts/summer_burrow/)
3-Season Burrow (http://hammockgear.com/shop/topquilts/3-season_burrow/)
Winter Burrow (http://hammockgear.com/shop/topquilts/winter_burrow/)

¾ Length UnderQuilts

Summer CrowsNest (http://hammockgear.com/shop/bottom-quilts/bottomquilts/summer_crowsnest/)
3-Season CrowsNest (http://hammockgear.com/shop/bottom-quilts/bottomquilts/3-season_crowsnest/)
Winter CrowsNest (http://hammockgear.com/shop/bottom-quilts/bottomquilts/winter_crowsnest/)

Full Length UnderQuilts

Summer Incubator (http://hammockgear.com/shop/bottom-quilts/incubator-full-underquilt/incubator-summer/)

3-Season Incubator (http://hammockgear.com/shop/bottom-quilts/incubator-full-underquilt/incubator-3-season/)

Winter Incubator (http://hammockgear.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=theme-settings)

gargoyle
07-03-2010, 15:20
Cool news Adam. Congrats. Your previous site looked good and so does this one.
Whoo bu.....Ah, I better leave that one to someone else!

Bubba
07-03-2010, 15:33
Site wasn't working for me.:(

Just tried it again and now it works. Does your offer apply to Canadian or international orders?

stormcrow
07-03-2010, 15:47
Thanks Guys. I did edit the post to be free shipping for CONUS orders only. I will honor it for our Canadian friends to the north though...;)

I am glad all of our Asian friends were asleep when I post this..:scared:

~sc

Also, Thank you to the Moderator that was so quick to make the new changes...wow that was fast!

Frawg
07-03-2010, 15:51
Glad things are moving for you, Stormcrow! :thumbup:

... and, um, about your sig line... ;)

stormcrow
07-03-2010, 16:12
Glad things are moving for you, Stormcrow! :thumbup:

... and, um, about your sig line... ;)

Doh! LOL. Thanks Frawg, I'll get on that. At least clicking it will get you to the right place...:D

~sc

The_Saint
07-03-2010, 16:27
I can't get the website to load currently.

canoeski
07-03-2010, 16:29
When i clicked on the summer UQ link it loaded slow, but looked good. Then i clicked on the Home page and was unable to connect. Now I can't connect at all. (using latest Firefox browser)

sclittlefield
07-03-2010, 16:34
Probably getting some tweaking atm.

New site looks great Adam! Those Burrow pics are pretty fantastic.

stormcrow
07-03-2010, 16:52
...can be a little frustrating sometimes. It appears to be back up right now...(fingers crossed). There are still a number of links that need to be fixed but we just wanted to get the main information about the products posted (finally!) so people could see what we are offering for the time being. Thanks again for your patience guys (and gals).

sc

HOOP
07-03-2010, 17:16
Hi Stormcrow,

I will be placing my order (from Canada, eh!), as soon as the website link works (it worked a few minutes ago, but I lost it again). This is my first post here on HF, after having lurked for several months, doing my research to get into hammocking. I am a canoe tripping ground dweller from way back, but I wanted to try hammocking and get into hiking more seriously. After much research I purchased a WBBB and Superfly, which arrived a couple weeks ago (yes, it was worth the wait! :) ) I am still a total noob, and have not even slept in it yet (no trees in my back yard, but soon enough.....). I was holding off on an UQ, thinking I would get by with foam pads for a while. But I know it is inevitable that I will obtain an UQ, so this sale notice is too good to pass up, and I have been eyeing up that Crowsnest 3-season, so I might as well complete the kit. Order is on its way as soon as I can link to the site. :)

Stone
07-03-2010, 17:25
Looks great Adam! Keep up the great work!

Savage
07-03-2010, 17:33
I just couldn't pass up the chance to get in on the new website. I just placed my order for a Crows Nest 3 season. I can't wait to get it.

John S

Running Feather
07-03-2010, 18:22
Hey Adam. Will "The Perfect Trees" redirect for any length of time?

Congrats. Not a bad problem to have :)

If I say your down is wonderful do I get the discount too? (only kidding)

http://www.smileyarena.net/download.aspx?id=3653

FoerchVizsla
07-03-2010, 19:18
The site looks great Adam!
I wish I had enough money to capitalize on this offer :(

colorado chud
07-03-2010, 19:40
Well even though I missed out on the free shipping and discount
I couldn't be happier with the summer Crowsnest underquilt from Adam I just recieved Friday
The quality and workmanship are outstanding, and I love the all Black with my Olive Green Warbonnet Blackbird
I am very new to hanging, and only got interested in this after stumbling across this site a few months ago
Since then I have ordered from six of the sites vendors and a steady stream of small boxes have shown up at my door, each time with the highest quality of goods inside
Thanks again to everyone making the fantastic gear
Steve

lazy river road
07-03-2010, 19:56
Congrats on the new site Adam, It was a cruel trick to get me to click though. HOpe the business continues to BOOM !!!

Hawk-eye
07-03-2010, 20:04
Noticed a little glitch on the description of your Summer Burrow ... the spec block appears to be the right info ... but the title says "The Burrow 3 Season" same issue on the Winter Burrow

BigEarth
07-03-2010, 20:19
I’ll give you 15% off and free shipping for your trouble. Just enter “iwillfilmit” into the promotion code field when you check out.

Should we put it on Youtube and/or where else?

Redwood Guy
07-03-2010, 20:24
A few issues:

on the "about" page... "Free Shipping On All Quilts For The Holidays! Dec 1-31, 2009."

the twitter icon points to the wordpress twitter account ;)

the rss feed points to an ipaddress (that apears to be either your dedicated ssl ip-address or your hosting companies ip-address)

Where are the options for "standard/long" ??

Where is the SSL support for the shopping cart??

On the "about->contact" page your email address points to one email address, while on the "about" page is points to another email address.

On the "about" page, the photo is not displaying because it is hard-linked to your old domain name.

The "RAITING" links do not work, as they too are hard-linked to your old domain name.

That's all I found in a quick glance at things.

Once you can address the issue of the "standard/long" for the products I'll be placing an order!

Terry_Dodson
07-03-2010, 20:44
When i went to save it as a "Favorite" in Explorer 8 it showed up as "The Perfect Trees «"
:D

stairguy
07-03-2010, 20:57
Just ordered my 3 season crowsnest Man that was a no-brainer. And iwillfilmit. Check out Hoop's website. I met the guy this last fall at the winter camping symposium, he has a wealth of knowledge to offer.http://wintertrekking.com/

bigbamaguy
07-03-2010, 21:20
Great looking New site Adam!!!!! Congrats and much success in the future.

Flounder
07-03-2010, 21:31
The new site looks awesome! Congratulations.

Cranky Bear
07-03-2010, 22:38
Great site Adam it look's much better than the other one, and congrats as well! Look's like the venture is taking off great (guess I should say been going great), your quilt's are top notch there bud! I "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE" my crowsnest, that thing has kept me toasty warm (even a little tooooo warm, almost hot) at 32* and below!!! When my finances are able and willing I will be contacting you back for the quilt's, that's a promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDen
07-04-2010, 02:44
Your stuff is ALREADY a great deal from what I've seen comparing materials, construction and price. This just puts it over the top. I can't wait to get mine!

Harpo63
07-04-2010, 06:20
As of this morning, the website and all links work. Guess the kinks have worked out. Looks great Adam! Even though "Perfect Trees" is a unique name, I guess if you google hammock gear, you will be one busy dude!

dmrichm
07-04-2010, 08:24
Stormcrow, don't forget to change your banner at the top of Hammock Forums to the new site!! Congrats on the new launch!

MacEntyre
07-04-2010, 09:15
Wow! That's a nice site, Adam!

- MacEntyre

beep
07-04-2010, 15:35
Good looking site, Adam!!!

I'm sure enjoying my Crow's Nest...and looking forward to my TQ!!:)

Dutch
07-04-2010, 19:07
Storm
I couldn't find your other products such as Dwon or whoopie slings. You had teh best prices by far. Did you sto providing that service.

Oh and get making my top quilt or I'm going to spreading bad karma your way.

thorwren
07-04-2010, 19:14
Yep! Down, slings, and stuff are still for sale.... We just haven't had the chance to put them up. We just needed to at least get the site up for the 4th of July sale, hence the glitches and a few errors. Of course, the accessories and down are still offered, and we'll get them up as soon as we can... Dutch's and Beep's quilts are in their final stages, as well a bunch of others.... We have a big shipping day tomorrow and Tuesday, so hold on to your hats! No bad karma, please! :scared:

We're working hard on getting our orders out, which means some corrections on the site might be put on hold. We're getting there, folks!

Dutch
07-04-2010, 19:22
Good karma coming Thorwren's way. We'll see about Stormcrow though.

optimator
07-04-2010, 20:37
VERY nice looking site guys!!! :thumbup:

BLUEFIN 774
07-04-2010, 23:51
Just ordered Crowsnest 3/4 UQ ! Can't wait to try it out. I will be going out of town for three weeks so it will be a little while till I get to review it but I will post a video when I return.:D

Redwood Guy
07-04-2010, 23:56
When I attempt to apply the video code it will not apply it... until I also add the write code... at which point both apply.

I tried in FF and IE and Safari and Chrome. So, clearly not a browser issue.

Also, I'd like an update on the short/long for Top Quilts please, that I brought up in my last post.

Hawk-eye
07-05-2010, 07:59
Stormcrow ... my Crowsnest review has been updated further to reflect your new site.

V8Nxs6PONXY

TheDen
07-06-2010, 01:23
Nice video review... :)

Hawk-eye
07-06-2010, 04:54
Nice video review... :)

Thanks ... but a lot nicer product! Can't go wrong with anything from Stormcrow!

SmokeHouse
07-06-2010, 07:25
site looks great,,, wish list is growing

TiredFeet
07-06-2010, 12:15
Stormcrow - on the home page, you list the various quilts available - about halfway down.

Every time I click on the Winter Incubator to get information on it, I get the page to log in.

I found the information in another way, but it doesn't seem the home page link should be to a log in page.

animalcontrol
07-06-2010, 12:20
Well, the work firewall doesn't like your website Adam...
Reason:
The Websense category "Nudity" is filtered.

URL:
http://hammockgear.com

I can't wait to get home and see what that is all about!! :cool::boggle::thumbup::wuv:

PS...best of luck with the new site

Hawk-eye
07-06-2010, 12:31
[B]Reason:
The Websense category "Nudity" is filtered. .....

That Adam ... always on the cutting edge of society! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spogatz
07-06-2010, 14:11
You need to contact Websense to get this corrected.

TheDen
07-06-2010, 14:53
I think it's because it's built on WordPress. My girlfriend has this problem from work a lot... can't view the worpress blogs sometimes.

koaloha05
07-06-2010, 19:59
Order a SummerBurrow "short". Received an email stating that Adam/Jen have a pattern for us short people. Same price as regular for this "customizing". Thanks to Stormcrow and Co. for this option.

miisterwright
07-06-2010, 20:34
Indeed, that was a dirty trick, Stormcrow! My poor little heart..

I was rather fond of the old name, but the new is sure to be easier for people to find you.

My wife used her new full length 3-season this weekend. She loves it.
Thanks for providing great products at great prices.

Blessings on your business.

stormcrow
07-10-2010, 15:56
Thank you to everyone for making our grand re-opening a big success! And thanks for all the feedback on HammockGear.com! We're excited to start a new chapter and can't wait for you to all get your quilts!

Oscar-Blackeagle
07-10-2010, 23:57
Thank you to everyone for making our grand re-opening a big success! And thanks for all the feedback on HammockGear.com! We're excited to start a new chapter and can't wait for you to all get your quilts!

I'm late as usual. lol Here I've been wondering where The Perfect Trees forum went. No wonder you've been busy; the site looks awesome. The name is perfect.

tim_n
07-12-2010, 08:07
Reason:
The Websense category "Nudity" is filtered.

URL:
http://hammockgear.com

I can't wait to get home and see what that is all about!! :cool::boggle::thumbup::wuv:

PS...best of luck with the new site

same problem here! bless those corporate firewalls...

Storytellertn
03-09-2014, 19:29

Good evening,
Looking for a good top quilt and word has it, you have a good product. Are you running any specials soon on the 20 degree top quilt?

thorwren
03-09-2014, 21:32
Good evening! You can give us a call tomorrow. While we're not running any specials, we sometimes have stock items that may help your wallet a bit. Some are made with the 1.1 ripstop, some were orders that we changed after they were made, etc. Stormcrow is up and running for receiving calls after he gets the boys on the bus, around 8:45AM EST. (I tend to work the floor early with the others). Let us know what you need! :)

silentorpheus
03-09-2014, 21:33
Good evening,
Looking for a good top quilt and word has it, you have a good product. Are you running any specials soon on the 20 degree top quilt?

Just a heads up that this is a thread from 4 years ago, when Hammock Gear first opened in its current iteration.

Their website is:

www.hammockgear.com

If you have questions, you're best off to contact them directly. Here's the contact info copied from their site:

Phone: 740-445-4327

Email: [email protected]

Good luck.

Edit: Looks like Jenny was posting while I was typing. :D Give them a call, they'll take good care of you.

Storytellertn
03-09-2014, 21:37
Good evening! You can give us a call tomorrow. While we're not running any specials, we sometimes have stock items that may help your wallet a bit. Some are made with the 1.1 ripstop, some were orders that we changed after they were made, etc. Stormcrow is up and running for receiving calls after he gets the boys on the bus, around 8:45AM EST. (I tend to work the floor early with the others). Let us know what you need! :)

Thank you.