PDA

View Full Version : TINY aesthetic suggestion for the website

Rushthezeppelin
07-07-2010, 17:15
You really need to put a bit of space at the top of the page before the pictures. Immediately upon visiting the page, for your btw mighty fine hammock, I found myself wanting to scroll up so the picture wasn't on the edge of the browser page. Maybe I'm just a rare breed and nobody else feels this way though, but it wouldn't hurt to do and it should only be a <br> tag or two to make it good.

On to the hammock though, man that thing is cool, I'm contemplating on getting one of your hammocks perhaps for the winter and using my BB for the summer, especially if I can find someone in AZ to try out the switchback. The unique net just seems so cool for when the bugs aren't out and the stars are really bright (which both happen to be in winter :D).

Coffee
07-08-2010, 09:40
What's your screen resolution? Mine is 1680x1050 and I'm not seeing what you mentioned.

angrysparrow
07-08-2010, 09:42
He's talking about the TTTG (http://stores.tttrailgear.com/StoreFront.bok) site.

Coffee
07-08-2010, 10:38
He's talking about the TTTG (http://stores.tttrailgear.com/StoreFront.bok) site.

Ahh, that makes sense. Then that is a site independant to HF and the admin of that site should be the one contacted. Minor details.

smithobx
07-21-2010, 07:06
Thanks for the suggestion. Our web site is a bit rough around the edges, but it is a work in progress. We hope to improve it as time goes on, but right now our focus is on producing the best hammock gear we can. If we do that long enough, maybe we will be able to hire a web designer some day.:D

Savage
07-21-2010, 07:19
I design websites for fun and profit and I don't see any major issues with your design.

It is simple, more than likely sells your product and gives the user the option to get as much information as they need to feel comfortable purchasing your product.

I wouldn't have noticed the pictures being close to the top of the page unless it was pointed out to me.

John

trekkingnut
07-21-2010, 07:23
Thanks for the suggestion. Our web site is a bit rough around the edges, but it is a work in progress. We hope to improve it as time goes on, but right now our focus is on producing the best hammock gear we can. If we do that long enough, maybe we will be able to hire a web designer some day.:D

randomly just glanced over it, i like the simple design to... HOWEVER!!!!!!!! put the weight of the tarps up!!!! i wont buy a tarp without knowing the weight first, even if it looks awesome!!! i doubt anyone on this forum would buy a tarp without knowing the weight either!

do it!

NCPatrick
07-21-2010, 09:19
randomly just glanced over it, i like the simple design to... HOWEVER!!!!!!!! put the weight of the tarps up!!!! i wont buy a tarp without knowing the weight first, even if it looks awesome!!! i doubt anyone on this forum would buy a tarp without knowing the weight either!

do it!
Not all hammockers are concerned with weight of their gear. There are many backyard hangers, as well as folks who like to car-camp and maybe aren't schlepping their gear very far. I'd recommend switching to decaf.

Hawk-eye
07-21-2010, 09:22
.... I'd recommend switching to decaf.

:D :D That's my "big grin" favorite for this morning! :lol:

ricegravy
07-21-2010, 15:09
I agree with the original posters suggestion.
I also find myself wanting to scroll up.
Just a little bit.

-Ricegravy!

Bradley
07-22-2010, 19:48
I design websites for fun and profit . . . I wouldn't have noticed the pictures being close to the top of the page unless it was pointed out to me....
The first thing you want some one to do is scroll. . .
If it starts with an up - - - you will get a down scroll.
It is a web builders secret trick :scared:
If the surfer does not scroll they leave.
Leaving translates to zero possibility of a purchase.

. . . Our web site is a bit rough around the edges, but it is a work in progress. . . .
I design websites as well . . .
Yours is excellent . . .
I especially like the ropes down each side,
I wondered what it was all about so I scrolled to see the visual reward
the hammock attached to each side . . .

VERY COOL - visually
VERY COOL - from a make them scroll aspect.
VERY COOL - from a marketing stand point

I agree with the original posters suggestion.
I also find myself wanting to scroll up.

Again it is working because you then scrolled down. :D

Nightwalker
07-23-2010, 01:14
Not all hammockers are concerned with weight of their gear. There are many backyard hangers, as well as folks who like to car-camp and maybe aren't schlepping their gear very far. I'd recommend switching to decaf.
Count me as another that won't buy anything without knowing what it weighs. But I'm pretty mellow, even when caffeine loaded. :-)

smithobx
07-23-2010, 09:15
Being a bit of a gram weenie myself I understand the importance of weights being posted for our gear. Our tarps have been redesigned to better fit our hammocks and we have a new tarp to fit a light weight version of the switchback we will be introducing soon. There are also some minor changes, in the form of additional reinforcing patches etc.,being made to the Speer tarp line. Because of this we decided to wait until all the final prototypes were finished, and we had an average, to post weights. Bear with us and we will try to have the weights up in the next few days.--John

sturgeon
09-04-2010, 12:31
When I access your site on my old iMac 15" running Safari, I just get a giant tree. Every time i click a page, i get a giant tree. i have to scroll not only down but to the right, too, to see everything. It's annoying. Hope you can fix it someday.