PDA

View Full Version : another night in the Frontline (new suspension)

wabi
07-07-2010, 19:13
Tried another suspension system, and I think this is going to stay on the hammock.:D
Ordered from Arrowhead Equipment a pair of ultralight cinch buckles (http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1324005) a pair of polyester suspension lines (http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/994087) (13' each strap) and used a set of "dutch clips" on the straps at the tree.

Hung it last night pulling it fairly tight (I don't use much sag when I hang, just prefer it that way because of my back) and never had to make any further adjustments to the suspension. Very little stretch to the straps, the cinch buckles held very securely, and it was easy to set up and take down. :D

I think I've finally found a hammock and suspension system that pleases me!

Got my 3/16" cc foam in the mail today, cut it somewhat shaped to my form & size (rounded at the head & foot, and a bit wider than normal at the torso area ;), but I may shape it further after I use it) and now I'll have to spend another night outdoors to test it's performance. :rolleyes::lol:

This equipment testing requires a lot of time in the outdoors for my son and myself, but we're enduring it well. :lol:

JayS
07-07-2010, 19:49
...now I'll have to spend another night outdoors to test it's performance. :rolleyes::lol:

This equipment testing requires a lot of time in the outdoors for my son and myself, but we're enduring it well. :lol:

It's a tough job. Thanks for doing it for the good of all.:lol:

Shug
07-07-2010, 20:10
Very cool ..... way to persevere !!!!!!!:thumbup:
Shug

Perkolady
07-07-2010, 20:11
wabi, I've been using that webbing for a while now and I really like it a lot! Less bulky than some, and easy on the hands. Gotta love that stealthy camo look too! Dutch Clips are SO very cool and easy to use!

I'm glad you like the buckles. I'm gonna order some soon :)

I guess I will have to do some testing too when they arrive ;):D

It's great you're passing on the testing skills to your son...
So much testing to do, so little time :D

Veto 65
07-07-2010, 22:15

Your my hero. Very cool.

eflat7
07-12-2010, 10:07
I am going to try dutch clips one day... glad you found something to stick with!

wabi
07-12-2010, 14:06
Out for another night in it this weekend and haven't changed my mind on how well this suspension works.

Ordered the same suspension to use on my son's hammock!