PDA

View Full Version : tough tarps

kayaknut01
07-20-2010, 06:43
spent the nastiest night in the hammock yet, we had a bad storm roll in last week while i was doing an overnighter at harrington state park north of milwaukee on the lakeshore, had the wbbb and my macat deluxe in spinn, with ahe double ridgline tarp set up, 65mph gusts with a steady 50 mph wind for about 3 hrs rain was an inch about every half hr, i mean this was bad afterwards i changed my drawers could not even tell if it was day or night serious electrical storm, i should have bailed by all rights, the tarp performed flawlessly, got pics of the trees on top of tents nearby, no one was hurt thank god, i stayed dry the incubator was dry and warm, the hennessey tarp that comes with a scout, well thats a loss, wind shredded that, the hennessey was for the daughter who was gonna show the following day thank god she didn't. Thanks brian for a "tough tarp" can't get pics off of phone onto hf. (sorry)

p.s. later found out tornados had touched down nearby about 30 miles west of me!!!

MacEntyre
07-20-2010, 07:45
Wild time! Great report.

poker88
07-20-2010, 07:45
sounds like a crazy storm. i'm glad you came through it ok. very impressive performance from the tarp.

NCPatrick
07-20-2010, 08:45
Wow, glad you're okay. Now you have an epic tale to tell your grandchildren. :D

bigbamaguy
07-20-2010, 08:50
Glad that you are safe as well as the others in camp there with you. Great product performance report and one stellar selling point for the company!!!!!!!

Cannibal
07-20-2010, 09:18
Since it's come up in another thread and you've got one of the big walled tarps, I've gotta ask; was the Spinn noisy?

Shug
07-20-2010, 09:20
Well done .... I was in that storm ......
Impressive!!!!!!
Shug

TOB9595
07-20-2010, 10:44
Wooo Weeee Do you have a tale to tell?
You're ok and what an experience.
Good for you
Tom

squatty
07-20-2010, 11:18
sounds scary!

email the pics from your phone to your email address. Save them as jpegs to your PC then upload them. I know I'm not the only one that would like to see them :scared:

Savage
07-20-2010, 11:36
Sounds like you got quite an experience. You also got in some serious Tarp Research and Development. I am glad that none of the trees that fell, fell on you.

I for one would love to see the pictures.

John

rigidpsycho
07-20-2010, 11:45
Glad you made it through OK Ed.

Brian
07-20-2010, 12:09
I am glad that none of the trees that fell, fell on you.

I for one would love to see the pictures.

John

Ditto to both - I'm glad you came out ok and glad the tarp performed as it should have!

Let me know which cell phone model you have and I can help you get the photos off!

carolinasbackpacker
07-20-2010, 14:29
sounds like I went with the right company. My delux should be here tomorrow or Thursday

koaloha05
07-20-2010, 19:30
... on the lakeshore, had the wbbb and my macat deluxe in spinn, with ahe double ridgline tarp set up, 65mph gusts with a steady 50 mph wind for about 3 hrs...

That's real wind. Couple experiences in +30mph winds and I was a bit concerned. 50mph I would have been more than scared. Reinforces my feelings about Brian's high quality design and build. Good to know that a properly pitched MC DeLux Spinn can handle real winds. Wondering if you experienced any "rocking hammock" from gust created turbulence?

Thase
07-20-2010, 19:54
I'm glad you came through the storm unhurt. I've been trying to decide which tarp to buy, your report helps a lot.

FoerchVizsla
07-21-2010, 23:26
I had worked the overnight shift that night, I can imagine the panic that must have been going on with all the families out that night. That storm kinda popped up out of no where too.

scooterdogma
07-22-2010, 07:53
Glad everyone was OK, way to ride out the storm! I luv OES, his tarps are rock solid!