PDA

View Full Version : Standard vs Express shipping

dvisic
07-27-2010, 10:20
I'm ready to order some whoopie slings and webbing from AHE (to replace the stretchy eno slap strap pros I mistakenly bought with my DN). I'm leaving within a day or two for a week-and-a-half in the Pacific NW. I'm going to have it shipped directly to my step-bro/sis's house...but I don't know if I should bother with express shipping. I won't really need it until Sunday or Monday...is that plenty of time for AHE's normal shipping? Or should I add $15 to a $25 order?

pgibson
07-27-2010, 10:26
Normal shipping is with USPS first class, so most orders take 2-5 days to get any where in the lower 48. Currently our turnaround time on most slings and strap orders is one day so if you ordered today they would ship no latter than tomorrow. Express Shipping up grades you to the next faster shipping method--in this case priority mail --2-3 day any place in the lower 48. But more over it bumps your order to the front of the line so to speak. We normally work on a first come first serve policy but the express service moves your order up to the first possible work time we have and gets your order out the door as quickly as we possible can.

Paul

Hawk-eye
07-27-2010, 10:28
I usually get orders from Paul within 3 days ... one time 4 because of a Sunday and I'm in NC

angrysparrow
07-27-2010, 10:35
My last order was placed on Tuesday afternoon, and I received it on Thursday at noon. Cross-country via USPS First Class.

Perhaps it was lucky.

pgibson
07-27-2010, 10:41
Most stuff moves right along, I have seen a number orders leave here one day in hit VA and FL in 2 days, but I have also seen things take longer. We try and get stuff out as quick as we can but sometimes folks have a trip they need gear for right away. We had a Lost River ordered on Sunday that we made yesterday and should be delivered in Chicago this afternoon, that went express.

avalonmorn
07-28-2010, 08:51
Got my order in 3 days, and in Oklahoma, the final mailperson is Pony Express.....:)

kayak karl
07-28-2010, 08:54
new jersey 2-3 days. very quick service.

dvisic
07-28-2010, 08:56
Thanks for all the feedback. I took a chance on the standard shipping, and will report back later!