PDA

View Full Version : If I could should I...

skar578
10-08-2007, 14:49
If I get a HH, what do you recommend? An expedition a-sym or a safari? It would be for hiking, so I think the safari would be too heavy. I would get on of those because it is from the odds'n' ends sale. answer needed quick, thanks!

GREEN THERAPY
10-08-2007, 14:59
If I get a HH, what do you recommend? An expedition a-sym or a safari? It would be for hiking, so I think the safari would be too heavy. I would get on of those because it is from the odds'n' ends sale. answer needed quick, thanks!

I ordered two Safari's from the sale and now that I have them I wish I had ordered a smaller one. I am 5' 9" tall and the safari is desighned for someone much taller than me. When I am laying in it I can't reach the ridge line without sitting up. Another issue would be the space that you have to warm up providing body heat. Its a lot of space, so for a four season hammock I am not so sure about warmth issues. Another consideration is weight and the amount of pack space it would take up when trekking.

One thing in favor of the safari is its ability to hold 350 lb weight.

As I said, if I was to do it again I would CERTAINLY go for the smaller sized hammocks. Hope that helps.

kohburn
10-16-2007, 11:11
i would recommend getting the smallest one that will fit you.
then when it comes to light/ultralight it depends on how deep your pockets are and how much weight savings is worth to you.

at 6'4" i'm very happy with the exploration deluxe but i could probably fit comfortably in an expedition. since i rarely sleep with my legs straight.

locorogue
10-16-2007, 22:08
byer parachute traveller. $20, 11oz. They make one with an attatched mosq bar.

:eek: