PDA

View Full Version : "all in one" system

Rawhide
07-29-2010, 13:56
Hi All!
I received my "all-in-one systems from Opie today:D I have tested it on my dd hammock, and it works perfectly. Thanks Opie.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=10218

SmokeBait
08-01-2010, 11:53
Looking good there Rawhide!

Rawhide
08-01-2010, 12:48
Yes, Opie has done a good job as usual.:D
It became much easier to set up, and it looks much better.
Oops I almost forgot to thank Dutch for his clips:D

Dutch
08-01-2010, 13:07
Yes, Opie has done a good job as usual.:D
It became much easier to set up, and it looks much better.
Oops I almost forgot to thank Dutch for his clips:D

You are most welcome.

opie
08-03-2010, 18:35
Glad to hear its working out for you!!!

Looks good too.

Sidewinder
08-05-2010, 15:53
Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to try the all in one. Thanks for reminding me to pick up some of those Dutch clips. Where do you order to get those?

Thanks,

~ S

SmokeBait
08-05-2010, 22:47
Sidewinder, the HF advertising banner says the Dutch Biners are "Coming soon." Get 'em while you can is they are golden.

Rawhide
08-05-2010, 23:04
Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to try the all in one. Thanks for reminding me to pick up some of those Dutch clips. Where do you order to get those?

Thanks,

~ S

Hi

I ordered my Dutshclip from Jacks 'R' Better.

www.jacksrbetter.com

Sidewinder
08-06-2010, 19:01
Cool thanks! just ordered a pair from Jacks!

Old River Rat
08-06-2010, 20:48
Hi. I just bought some 1/8 inch amsteel blue to play with making my own whoopie slings. Is there a formula for how much to bury on the fixed eye and how much to bury on the adjustable end? What is a good overall length of amsteel to make one? Or is that personal preference?

I am far from ready to start hammocking. I have only purchased a Speer Winter Tarp so far and the amsteel. I am a horse before the cart person I guess. :D

Thanks everyone. This forum is very informative. I would hate to be getting into this without the information I have been getting here.

I would like to meet some people who are near central Louisiana. I would like to learn of some places to begin hiking in the area. I have found one place that looks good, Lake Chicot State Park. Just 19 miles of trail and six campsites, but it is a good place to start.

SmokeBait
08-06-2010, 20:53
Old River Rat, for a 6' sling start with 13' of line. 6" bury for the fixed eye should be fine if using a locked brummel on 7/64" Amsteel. On the adjustable end you want to go through about 9" of uncompressed line. Larger lines get a proportionally longer bury. Have fun making them up!

Old River Rat
08-06-2010, 21:02
Old River Rat, for a 6' sling start with 13' of line. 6" bury for the fixed eye should be fine if using a locked brummel. On the adjustable end you want to go through about 9" of uncompressed line. Have fun!

Thanks . . .

Sidewinder
08-08-2010, 02:51
I just attached my all in one today to my Blackbird. I was going to sleep in it tonight but my daughter insisted that she'd be the first. I'm trying to convert the family over to hammocking, so I couldn't refuse.

The set up was almost too easy and adjusting the all in one whoppie was really very fast. Though I was supprised to find that the all in one weighed slightly more then the stock webbing and cinch buckle.

All in all, a really nice system.

~ S

SmokeBait
08-09-2010, 18:45
Hey Sidewinder. Glad you're up and hanging! Or at least your daughter is :D