PDA

View Full Version : Washing an ENO

Big Jim Mac
08-05-2010, 22:42
Got my hammock a little muddy this week and was wondering if you can put these in the washer/ What about drying them? Figured I might just hang it to dry.

coolkayaker1
08-05-2010, 22:55
Front load washer yes. Top load with agitator no. Commercial front load yes. Hang dry yes.

Hangin' Burrito
08-06-2010, 04:46
When I wash my hammocks, I just put 'em in the bathtub with a bit of wash soap and do it by hand. Afterwards put it up and let it air dry.;)

Hawk-eye
08-06-2010, 04:49
When I wash my hammocks, I just put 'em in the bathtub with a bit of wash soap and do it by hand. Afterwards put it up and let it air dry.;)

Me too ... best way to do it. Zero stress on the material and most of the work is done by giving them a good soak. Hardest part is making sure it's thoroughly rinsed ... and that's not that difficult. They dry really fast ... and I make sure NOT to hang them in the sun.

Running Feather
08-06-2010, 05:21
... and I make sure NOT to hang them in the sun.

Instant cardboard ----> Just add sunlight! :scared:

Big Jim Mac
08-06-2010, 06:29
Thanks guys, really wasn't that dirty, was able to wipe it down but I'm letting it dry inside.

stretch
08-06-2010, 10:42
I have washed my cheap double hammock in a top load washer about a dozen times. No problems so far.

Hawk-eye
08-06-2010, 10:44
Thanks guys, really wasn't that dirty, was able to wipe it down but I'm letting it dry inside.

Seriously though ... don't hang it in the direct sunlight ... not good for the fabric.

Zachalope
09-03-2010, 20:12
I have a single and a double. I have washed them both in a top loading machine on the delicate cycle several times. I of course remove the biners. I have anchor points on my bedroom walls and the first time I washed my single I just attached it to them w/o the straps I use to get the correct sag, and when it dried it was so tight I had to remove an anchor from the wall to get the hammock off. In hindsight I just wasn't thinking about it shrinking during the drying process. Just fyi there.