PDA

View Full Version : NX 150/250 Rod tips

ice man
08-08-2010, 08:51
Friday night when I went to hang my NX150 I found one of the spreader poles had the little black rod tip missing. A word of advice to all 150 and 250 owners: You may want to pop these off and put a drop or 2 of super glue in them, then re-install them. That way you don't lose the black tip. True, its not that big a deal. The strap pocket is quite substantial, and it would take quite a bit for the bare rod end to poke through it, but it is a minor annoyance to have it missing.
I initially intended to dip the rod tip in JB weld or epoxy to build up a ball on the end. After prowling around Wally World for a while, I stumbled onto their small metal racks and shelving. Hmmm.. the tip ends look quite similar, only slightly oversize. A bit of hot melt glue to fill the void and it'll hafta do.

Bradley
08-08-2010, 10:24
How were you storing/transporting the rods . . . ? ? ?

How do you figure the tip came off ? ? ?

ice man
08-09-2010, 07:05
I store and transport the rods in a welding rod tube. It obviously came off when I was breaking down the hammock and it snagged 0n the hammock somehow. A dab of superglue should remedy that problem.

Jsaults
08-10-2010, 14:08
should be availablein either Lowes or Home Depot in the hardware section (in the drawer bins). They are available in numerous sizes.

I will potentially have this problem when my NX-250 arrives. I wonder what the best glue solution might be - vinyl tip to fiberglass rod. Epoxy does not bond well to vinyl. Possibly Gorilla Glue. But I do like the idea of using epoxy to build up a bulb on the end as a substitute for the vinyl tip.

Jim

waddy
08-10-2010, 14:44
I pulled one of the tips off when I was removing it from the pocket. I was apparently grasping the pocket too tightly and it pulled off rather easily. Luckily, I found it immediately. I'm going to try the super glue thing, and if that doesn't work, then try other glues.

Jsaults
08-11-2010, 13:16
A thickened epoxy, such as PC-7, or one of the other available brands that comes in a "sausage" and delivers a thick, gooey material could be finger-formed into a bulb on each of the four wand ends. Roughing up the FG first would be a good idea.

Jim

ice man
08-17-2010, 13:37
Jsaults: Thanks for the tip on Lowes. I got the little red ones, that way if they ever come off, they're easier to find. Super glue is keeping the factory ones where they are quite well, tho. So I stash the reds in my possibles pouch.