PDA

View Full Version : went extreme with the sag and found comfort

wabi
08-08-2010, 12:03
Took the Frontline out again last night and thought I'd experiment with the sag again. I decided to go a bit extreme with it (in comparison to my previous attempts with a hammock) so I attached the tarp line above my head (I'm 5'6"). I attached the foot suspension above that, and the head suspension at about the tarp line level.
Put the 1/8" CCF pad on a diagonal and climbed in.
Didn't have to change a thing, had much more room inside, and slept until 9:00AM this morning. :lol:

I think I'll use this setup in the future! :D

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13027&d=1281285851

finskie
08-24-2010, 21:48
i have a dd, and it seems you always gotta hang em' high.

Stavros
09-18-2010, 09:35
Interesting.
I´ve tried with a sag but I couldn´t get it working therefore I hang my hammock very tight. Looks like I have to try with a sag again and go to the extreme like you´ve done.

KerMegan
09-18-2010, 09:40
try an adjustable ridgeline (I use a climbing accessory cord (4mm?)) attach at 1 end, loop around/thru other end, then tauntline hitch back on itself- I then can adjust sag and still keep hammock closer to the ground, and suspension where I can reach it on the trees i.e. 5'6" + armlength... tension on suspension will be much greater than when using 'free' sag- why I use the climbing cord and not mason line or paracord.
hope that helps, KM

wabi
09-19-2010, 10:50
Went out again last night and again tried the same trees and same sag.

Had a great night's sleep again. :D

(So good that my son was up and had his hammock stored in his pack before I woke up - I love hammock camping. :D)

suddenfromaspudden
12-07-2010, 05:49
http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...ge.php?i=11718

I added a structural ridge line and 4 tie outs to my dd frontline this weekend.
The ridge line became a perfect support for my net and makes each hang in the same pitch. and thats great.

Works Great when I flip it and use it without the net as well.

The tie outs makes some more room when I lay asymmetric style, And thats the most comfy way in my opinion.

Makes a Great hammock even Better:)

WV
12-07-2010, 12:51
try an adjustable ridgeline (I use a climbing accessory cord (4mm?)) attach at 1 end, loop around/thru other end, then tauntline hitch back on itself- I then can adjust sag and still keep hammock closer to the ground, and suspension where I can reach it on the trees i.e. 5'6" + armlength... tension on suspension will be much greater than when using 'free' sag- why I use the climbing cord and not mason line or paracord.
hope that helps, KM

+1 KM (who forgot the usual qualifier) nails it. My adjustable ridge lines are usually whoopies made with dynaglide or 2.2 zing/lash-it or similar strength spectra or vectran hollow braids.