PDA

View Full Version : Subcat on other outdoor gear?

The_Witch_Doctor
08-22-2010, 05:35
Just putting in a suggestion on a subcategory on other outdoor gear- clothes and equipment. There is so much knowledge here on the forum which is very valuable to all of us, it would be great to have an off topic area to discuss experiences with other camping gear.

Thanks for considering.

TWD

TheWild
08-22-2010, 05:41
Hi Witch Doctor,

There's already an off-topic section, but it's only available to donating members - sort of a benefit for those who contribute.

Read more here:
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7085

/Wild

gargoyle
08-22-2010, 07:44
Yes, donate and you can see what the rest of are saying! Its a good investment.

The_Witch_Doctor
08-31-2010, 09:22
oh... :rolleyes:

Shug
08-31-2010, 09:30
It is a paltry $10 US..... lots of good stuff in there.
Shug

Hawk-eye
08-31-2010, 09:32
Even some humor! :lol:

Barefoot Child
08-31-2010, 14:24
Yes,
we have already begun to talk about the Witch Doctor, and his need to get some sleep. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Of course the time difference just may well make you a prime prospect for the HF AfterDark thread...which is also in the Donating members section and in the Off Topic subgategory. :sneaky:

Sure would like to see you on the darkside. :cool:

We can talk about faeries, pixies, orks, and any other things that you would like to discuss that is off topic but sure fun to discuss with other people of the same interests. :rolleyes:

Just Sayin' :laugh:

Stone
09-02-2010, 08:58
Not to point out that I'm a nerd or anything, but the proper spelling is Orc's not Orks. Sorry played alot of D&D when I was a kid.

Lonely Raven
09-02-2010, 09:00
I didn't even realize there were other sections of the forum. I just donated as a thank you for the great help I've received here in the forums.

Then I was pleasantly surprised to see all these other forums pop up! I think you guys are probably tired of all my cookware questions by now. :P

lori
09-02-2010, 09:26
There is a brand spanking new forum at hikeandbackpack.com. A more general one with a hammock subcategory, and it looks like a mod who doesn't suffer trolls. Prolly tired of "those other forums" as much as we are. Really new, we could prolly go take over the place... :)

Just Jeff
09-02-2010, 09:54
I don't have room in my life for another forum. :jj:

lori
09-02-2010, 09:58
I don't have room in my life for another forum. :jj:

I'm surprised you have room for this one - so many hammocks, so much gear, so little time...

KerMegan
09-02-2010, 10:23
I suggest we take over only the camping/sleeping in comfort section, they will all thank us.

Just Jeff
09-02-2010, 17:33
Recently we had a bad experience with members here trying to "take over" the discussion on another site. Left a bad taste in their mouths and ours. If you'd like to participate in that forum, then please do it of your own accord and do not use Hammock Forums to organize any action involving another website.

Our mission at HF is to discuss hammocks, not to spread the word or convert anyone.

lori
09-02-2010, 18:10
Recently we had a bad experience with members here trying to "take over" the discussion on another site. Left a bad taste in their mouths and ours. If you'd like to participate in that forum, then please do it of your own accord and do not use Hammock Forums to organize any action involving another website.

Our mission at HF is to discuss hammocks, not to spread the word or convert anyone.

I wasn't aware of any "take over" attempt - perhaps an indicator of how much time I have for forums. In any case, I was joking and had no idea anyone would even try to do such a thing. It's certainly not something I'm interested in doing!

And I didn't think spreading the word was even necessary when the forum already had a subforum for hammocks, either.

Sorry.

slowhike
09-02-2010, 22:26
Jeff is making reference to a time not long ago when someone who was not a part of the HF community posted a demonstration video on You Tube showing how to hang hammock.
His technique was different than how most folks here tend to hang their hammocks, so he got a lot of negative feed back by people using HF as their source.
Not a good way to teach or make friends:)

So we just want people to thoughtful & tactful in how they share hammock information, especially if they mention Hammock Forums.
We don't want people who aren't familiar w/ Hammock Forums to think we are a bunch of "Know It Alls" that think we have all the answers;)
All though we seam to have most of them when it comes to hammocks:D

Just Jeff
09-03-2010, 11:03
No worries, Lori - and no offense taken so no apology necessary. Tim is right about the incident I was referring to, in which some well-meaning HF members encouraged people to post a bunch of feedback on the YouTube page, causing them to turn off comments on the page. Not a huge deal and we're all grown-ups so it's all over now. But using HF to directly affect other forums isn't something we want to encourage. Do unto others sort of thing.

I know that's not what you intended but it was worth bringing up.