PDA

View Full Version : Sending back my Ultralight

Outdoor_Nut
08-22-2010, 20:02
Well, Clark fans, I'm afraid I can't count myself among you. My first overnight hang was not a good one. After all the tweaks, and even after removing the ridgeline I installed, I could not get a good night's sleep in my Ultralight. I tried more sag, less sag, no sag, with RLine, without Rline, higher feet, higher head- could not get comfortable enough to lay out full length. I ended up in a tight fetal position on my side to finally get to sleep. I just notified the good people at Clark since I'm within my 20 day guarantee period. I know that a lot of folks find the Clark perfectly comfortable- I'm just not one of them. I've got a WBBB on order, so perhaps that will be my magic bullet. I wish all you Clark fans many a happy night hanging.:)

Bradley
08-22-2010, 22:02
What seemed to be the problem/s :confused:

Outdoor_Nut
08-22-2010, 22:14
I miss being able to lay diagonally and get flat. I read some posts about how comfortable the Clark is, but I have to remember that comfort is a very subjective thing. I really like the material of the Clark bed- it's mosquito proof and seems like it's relatively bullet proof. Also wasn't very fond of the bug netting- had a hard time getting it taut without risking getting it too tight.

Bubba
08-22-2010, 22:48
I have an old Clark from years ago and I found that laying diagonally was not really possible. It was not wide enough and it used to put me straight in line. I think you will like the Blackbird.

Riverpirate
08-23-2010, 14:20
Having recently bought a WBBB, I would not trade my Clark for it. That being said I own many hamocks from many manufacturers. There are things I like and dislike about each.

As a total package/base camp for a week long trip I like the Clark. NA in the winter and Tropical in the summer

For a quick overnighter and to keep in my truck for an emergency stay, I like the HH Asym Exped or the ENO Double Nest.

For a long weekend, I like the WBBB or the HH Explorer Delux.

I rarely find that I use the Grand Trunk Skeeter anymore. I just like the ENO or the HH Exped more for that overnighter.

Miguel
08-24-2010, 19:25
If you want diagonal with a Clark name on it, you need a 250. Ultralite...it ain't!

JPC
09-05-2010, 23:29
Kiss 12% goodbye.

Order your Clark Jungle Hammock now, and if you find absolutely anything you do not like about it, you may receive a refund* (minus a small re-stocking fee equal to 12% of the sale price)

geoffrey
09-12-2010, 23:02
you are right on with your assesments i did an AT section with the jungle hated it went back to my HH then bought a BB wow im happy now