PDA

View Full Version : First post and suggestion!

alrutzz
08-23-2010, 19:09
Hey guys, I registered here after hearing so much about this place at the BPL forums. I've really enjoyed looking around and am considering giving hanging a shot.

One suggestion...

For those of us who like to browse at work, it is nice to have a (mostly) grayscale site with an option to remove things like avatars. Ads obviously must stay for non-donors, and that is fine.

BPL is a good example of this, but I've been a member of other forums where the user has an option to view the site normally or a more "cleaned up" version.

It may not seem like that big of a deal, but a white backround with black text goes a LONG way in being inconspicuous at work.

Just a thought!

Rug
08-23-2010, 20:21
Browse using elinks, or lynx.

instant bland.

WonderMonkey
08-23-2010, 20:27
What is BPL?

Festus Hagen
08-23-2010, 20:39
What is BPL?

I think... http://www.backpackinglight.com

beep
08-23-2010, 20:40
I think... http://www.backpackinglight.com

Yep! That's it!

Knotty
08-23-2010, 22:46
Hey guys, I registered here after hearing so much about this place at the BPL forums. I've really enjoyed looking around and am considering giving hanging a shot.

One suggestion...

For those of us who like to browse at work, it is nice to have a (mostly) grayscale site with an option to remove things like avatars. Ads obviously must stay for non-donors, and that is fine.

BPL is a good example of this, but I've been a member of other forums where the user has an option to view the site normally or a more "cleaned up" version.

It may not seem like that big of a deal, but a white backround with black text goes a LONG way in being inconspicuous at work.

Just a thought!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here.

Sounds like you want the browsing equivalent of stealth camping. :D

alrutzz
08-24-2010, 07:52
Browse using elinks, or lynx.instant bland.

Good suggestion, and the screenshots on wikipedia are pretty ideal for what I want. Problem is, I know next to nothing about computers, I can't even get that stuff installed!

Sounds like you want the browsing equivalent of stealth camping. :D

Exactly! Every once in a while you need a break from accounting.