PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Smokebait!

coolkayaker1
09-08-2010, 10:23
I received my order from whoopieslings.com, smokebait's company, yesterday.

I got some All-In Ones that look ideal, love the camo straps, and they’ll serve me well on my Hennessy. I appreciate your linking me the video on the installation. Looks pretty straightforward. Your tying and ropework looks superb, Smoke.

For my Vario hammock stand, I got a ridge line and S biners from smokebait. I love it, with the closed loops on the ends and the two prussic knots. I immediately strung it across my Vario and it is fabulous. On the fixed end, I went over one end and down to the upright knob (took off the knob, put the loop on it, then re-screwed in the knob), so very secure. On the non-fixed end, I went over the upright knob and it was the ideal length, and I attached an 8 lb weight (my binocular case weighs about that) and man, it works like a charm! I them put my 2qZq ridge line organizer on it, my wrist watch (so I can see the time when I look up) and it’s ideal. I took an S-biner and attached it to the prussic knot and put a small LED light on it. :D

I post it here so that anyone wanting a "ready to go" ridgeline for the Vario stand or any hammock can order one from whoopieslings.com.
CK1

avalonmorn
09-08-2010, 11:58
Pictures, pictures, pictures!

SmokeBait
09-08-2010, 22:59
Yes pictures :D

Thanks CK1! Enjoy your R&R time in the hammock.

coolkayaker1
09-15-2010, 22:13
My order came in, Smoke, with the tarp line, ridge line, camo alum toggles and s biners. Excellent! This will really help me with my setup. I'm amazed at how small you can make that whoopie adjustment on the ridge line. I'm going to use it all this weekend.

Thanks. For anyone considering a DIY project for these lines, I would strongly suggest having them professsionally done by Smokebait. Like most things in life, this is much better than I ever could have done myself.:boggle: MUCH!

SmokeBait
09-17-2010, 21:40
Thanks CK1! Appreciate your comments. Glad your getting some hang time in this weekend :) I'll be on the Vario until I get out with Smokehouse, BurningCedar & Zak next month down on the Ozark Hiking Trail. You should come on down and join us.

coolkayaker1
09-17-2010, 21:52
Very kind, my friend. I got to put in some time for The man, you know the old ball and chain, the job. Thanks so much for the invitation.