PDA

View Full Version : ENO Ember diagonal lay

WonderMonkey
09-12-2010, 22:48
I've seen video of the ENO Ember and it looks like if you use the hooks to go over the hammock it is going to be very difficult to get a diagonal lay. How about if you leave it unhooked and rely more on a top quilt? Anybody try that? I have a WB Traveler DL if anybody happens to have specific experience with the two combined.

WonderMonkey
09-12-2010, 22:53
Additionally I am probably going to pick one up and give it a try. If I can leave it way open and get a diagonal lay it will at least be worth it to use for the fall. But I'm going to wait a few days to see if anybody has any responses concerning this.

callook66
09-13-2010, 00:26
I have a friend back home who uses an Ember with his ENO. I'll see if he has any word on whether he can get a good diagonal lay in it or not.

Arson
09-13-2010, 09:32
I have the ember and use a topquilt in conjunction with it. I can lay diagonal while using the elastic hooks, but only if I use only a couple of hooks in the center. I use more hooks when I'm just laying centered while lounging, reading, watching the iphone, etc...
If I cut out the elastic and hooks I probably wouldn't miss them. I also haven't had it out in winter conditions either though. I may change my mind later this winter. Time will tell.

WonderMonkey
09-13-2010, 11:29
I have the ember and use a topquilt in conjunction with it. I can lay diagonal while using the elastic hooks, but only if I use only a couple of hooks in the center. I use more hooks when I'm just laying centered while lounging, reading, watching the iphone, etc...
If I cut out the elastic and hooks I probably wouldn't miss them. I also haven't had it out in winter conditions either though. I may change my mind later this winter. Time will tell.

That's what I was thinking as well.... to limit the number of hooks or at least to add some length to them if I need to keep the sides up.