PDA

View Full Version : What is the total weight of the jungle hammock?

stevebo
09-16-2010, 22:46
Just wondering, including suspension, how much does your jungle hammock weigh? (just the hammock and suspension---not including the fly) I would really like to know the weight difference whoopie slings vs strap suspensions etc. Tri glides vs ring buckles etc. Just wondering...............:confused:

Wrenn
09-24-2010, 09:52
Just got my Claytor JH this morning.

Hammock + Suspension + Fly = 1.63kg
Fly = 630g
Hammock + Suspension = 1kg

Hammock is setup right now, but someone earlier posted that the suspension straps only weigh in at 112g which seems about right. I can double check them tomorrow morning.

TheWild
09-24-2010, 22:25
My stock Claytor straps weigh 112 grams each... but please double check, as I was the one who posted it earlier :)
As you can see below, our tarps have different weights, so it'll be interesting to see if the straps are different too.

Posted this in another thread yesterday (but now with added link to the All-In-One suspension), so I thought I'd post it in this thread as well.

Heres a list of various Claytor weights (without the stuff sacks):

Claytor Jungle - No suspension
830 grams

Claytor Jungle - Original suspension
1054 grams

Claytor Jungle - All-In-One suspension (http://shop.whoopieslings.com/All-In-One-system-AI1.htm) & Dutch Clips (the precious 15 grams each ones :D) + a few leaves from my last trip :D)
1055 grams

Claytor Diamond Tarp
560 grams

The Claytor site lists the combined weight of the hammock and tarp as 1,5 kilo, so in my case it's a bit more than the listed weight.
I'm of course no gram weenie, so I'll live happily with it.

/Wild