PDA

View Full Version : Shamu from TTTGear

KefWalker
09-29-2010, 15:32
My Shamu IX UQ came in yesterday from Tree to Tree Trail Gear and it is a thing of beauty! Very well made--not a stitch out of place, no hanging threads, and a nice sage green color. I can't wait to try it out! I'll post a review as soon as I can. At some point, I'd like to try an IX insert to compare temps with and without it. It should give us a good idea of the flexibility of this UQ system.

MacEntyre
09-29-2010, 16:36
On behalf of the team at Tree to Tree Trail Gear, thank you for the kind words, Edbeteze!

- MacEntyre

smithobx
09-30-2010, 08:21
Ditto on what MacEntyre said, I look forward to your review.--John

Darby
09-30-2010, 08:44
For those interested, we have posted the Baby Orca on the website. The Shamu is the same color as the Baby Orca. Once these items are available in black we will post them on the website and here on HF.

Cheers, Dale

Bunk
10-03-2010, 03:05
Look forward to the review, the quality of these products all seem superb!

KefWalker
10-06-2010, 09:41
Although night-time temps here in ABQ are only in the mid-50s, I thought I'd try out my Shamu in the backyard just to get a feel for it. I dressed in shorts, long-sleeve T-shirt, wool socks and was warm throughout the night. It's Balloon Fiesta week and the neighbor's dog started barking and woke me up from a deep sleep this morning as a hot air balloon passed over the house! Good thing too--it's a work day...:-)

A real test for the Shamu will be lower temps of course, down in the 40s and below--maybe this weekend. I got a note from Dale saying that the IX insert I ordered will ship tomorrow, so at some point I'll try that out with the Shamu. Eventually I'd like to get a feel for an IX weight/warmth ratio that I can share here.