PDA

View Full Version : New products at TTTG

Darby
10-01-2010, 11:28
We have just added some new products on our website. We now have ready for direct order the following Molly Mac Gear products. IX Inserts, both 3/4 and full length, and the Shamu Under Quilt. We also have available the Universal IX Underquilt in full & 3/4 length, and we will have them on the website as soon as we get some pictures.
We have also released the TTTG LightHiker Bedroll. It is a full length double layer IX top quilt fully covered on both sides. Now under production, soon to be available is our newly designed Switchback LightHiker Hammock. You can see all these products at http://stores.tttrailgear.com/StoreFront.bok

Cheers, Dale

pabu boy
10-01-2010, 12:30
what it the temp rating on MMG Shamu IX Underquilt?

bigfoot2
10-04-2010, 11:08
Please post more specs and info on the
Light Hiker Bedroll DL. There is very little on your site.

BF:cool:

Darby
10-04-2010, 15:42
what it the temp rating on MMG Shamu IX Underquilt?

I have asked MacEntyre. As soon as I hear from him I will pass it on.

Cheers, Dale

pabu boy
10-04-2010, 16:00
Great, I am in the market for a UQ and I like the features of this, as you can see, I am from florida so the winters are pretty mild.
I think last year we had 2 camping days to where it dropped to the low 30's.
I mostly kayak camp so getting wet is always a concern.
Are they available in a green or basically any color other than grey?

Thanks again

Scott

Darby
10-04-2010, 16:14
Please post more specs and info on the
Light Hiker Bedroll DL. There is very little on your site.

BF:cool:

Hey bigfoot2,

It is 74 1/2" L x 45 3/4" W (at its widest point). The sewn in foot pocket is 28" W x 15" D. I will be posting this on the site shortly. We don't have a temp. rating yet because it was developed this summer and we haven't been able to test it in winter conditions. It will be going to Linville Gorge and Mt Rogers for a thorough test.

Cheers, Dale

Darby
10-04-2010, 16:26
Great, I am in the market for a UQ and I like the features of this, as you can see, I am from florida so the winters are pretty mild.
I think last year we had 2 camping days to where it dropped to the low 30's.
I mostly kayak camp so getting wet is always a concern.
Are they available in a green or basically any color other than grey?

Thanks again

Scott

As of right now we have gray in stock, We will have it available in black in the near future.

Cheers, Dale

Bunk
10-04-2010, 22:13
Hello Darby,

I really like the look of that PolarPod. What are the specs on that baby...i.e. weight, fill, temp rating, compression...etc...

I was thinking it along with the IX gear I have would be decent in extemely cold conditions like -40...

BillyBob58
10-04-2010, 22:57
Hello Darby,

I really like the look of that PolarPod. What are the specs on that baby...i.e. weight, fill, temp rating, compression...etc...

I was thinking it along with the IX gear I have would be decent in extemely cold conditions like -40...

An IX under quilt should work well to boost back warmth in the PolarPod. And an IX TQ will of course help with the top warmth. But if the PolarPod is just a larger and warmer PeaPod, then you are going to need something fluffy on top to fill the top side gap caused by the hammock sides lifting the pod up and away from you. At least if you hope to reach the full potential of a pod. Not only is this a large space that takes longer to heat up, but any warm air will rush right out of any vent hole if you have one. This space will vary with the hammock used, with narrower hammocks or hammocks with very low sides having little or no space needing to be filled. But with most hammocks, you are going to need something with some loft. Of course, an IX TQ on top of whatever "fluffy" quilts or jackets you might add will just be that much more warmth.

Unless of course, the PolarPod is big enough to come over the sides of whatever hammock you use and then drape down on top of you. Though I have no idea what the Polar's rating is, at minus 40, I bet you are still going to need something with loft and maybe also some IX. I bet an IX "sock" would really help the PolarPod.

I would also like to know the specs of the PolarPod!

Bunk
10-04-2010, 23:31
Thanks for the tips Billybob!

I should have mentioned that I would be using the PolarPod with a Winter Burrow.

So, awaiting PolarPod specs... :)

Darby
10-05-2010, 01:57
Hello Darby,

Hey Bunk,

The PolarPod is approximately 126" L x 90" W(Laid out open & flat). It is filled with 850 Grey Goose Down. We are rating this at 20 degrees which is the same as the PeaPod because the loft is the same. We expect most could go substantially lower because the 20 degree rating is very conservative and the extra width does allow you to "pile" more of the quilt on top of yourself filling those gaps BillyBob was referring to. Our goal was to limit the necessity of additional insulation in colder temps and have it completely cover the larger hammocks. For example, it will allow you to deploy the side tie-outs on a Switchback and still close completely(It has two small openings to allow use of the tie-outs). The weight is approximately 48 oz. The stuff sack is 8" x 16", I think. I will have to check that in the A.M. when I get to the shop and post the size. As for -40, I would definitley want more insulation, either down, IX, or a synthetic fill AND a IX Hammock Sock. At those temps, you want no mistakes. I will be adding these specs to the website tomorrow. There just aren't enough hours in a day:scared:.

MacEntyre
10-05-2010, 04:31
When you use a Molly Mac Gear IX Hammock Sock with a PPod, you get a boost from the IX outside the PPod. There also is a significant benefit from having a relatively warm air space above the PPod, inside the sock.

The lowest I've been with a PeaPod inside the IX sock was 13*F. After things got warmed up, I threw off my topquilt, and opened up the PeaPod.

The temperature difference between the inside of the sock and the ambient air is amazing!

Bunk
10-05-2010, 10:48
Thank you Darby and Mac!

verissimus
12-13-2010, 04:25
Any word on the temp rating of the lighthiker bedroll yet?

Darby
12-14-2010, 10:15
Any word on the temp rating of the lighthiker bedroll yet?
We have given the LightHiker Bedroll a 40 deg. rating when used alone. I just returned from a hang is Pisgah NF. We had temps in the mid to low 20's and 6-8" of snow. I was using a PolarPod as primary insulation. During the night I opened up the PolarPod and used the LightHiker Bedroll with a homemade UL SL Climashield top quilt, leaving the PolarPod to act as a UQ only.I have had the Climashield TQ down to the mid 30's and that was stretching its abilities. I was wearing wool socks, poly base layer (top & bottom), lightweight nylon pants and a midweight fleece. I missed breakfast, waking up at 10:30 and still didn't want to get up, but Hanging Burrito was playing with fire:scared:so I figured it was best.

Cheers, Dale

lilricky
01-13-2011, 13:12
Still no specs on the products listed on the website. Was primarily interested in the Molly Mac Gear Shamu IX Underquilt. I understand that time to update a website can be hard to find, but I think spending that time will more than repay itself in sales. If the Shamu has enough insulating power, I would buy one tomorrow.

MacEntyre
01-13-2011, 17:15
If the Shamu has enough insulating power, I would buy one tomorrow.
Place your order, then! It has enough! :D

In what conditions are you planning to use the Shamu, LilRicky? :confused:

Warm sleepers can get to freezing with a Shamu. Cold sleepers can get into the 40s. Your results may vary.

- MacEntyre

lilricky
01-15-2011, 08:52
Thanks for the reply Mac, I sleep cold, and need something for Florida winter nights, 20's-30's.

MacEntyre
01-15-2011, 09:18
Thanks for the reply Mac, I sleep cold, and need something for Florida winter nights, 20's-30's.
Then you need something more than an IX UQ.

The IX UQs are great supplements to inexpensive summer or 3 season UQs. That's how I equip for those temps.