PDA

View Full Version : can't stay logged in

BillyBob58
11-12-2007, 12:52
I am out of town and using a friends computer. I have to log in again about every 5 minutes. I can't finish typing a response without having to log in again.

Does any one know of a setting I can change so I can stay logged in for awhile?

slowhike
11-12-2007, 13:09
sorry, i wish i knew what to tell you. maybe one of the more computer advanced here can tell you what to try<g>.

txulrich
11-12-2007, 13:13
It's telling you to get off the computer and go do some hiking!!!:D

Just Jeff
11-12-2007, 13:18
Did you click the "Keep me logged in" button" when you signed in? Try that - then you can just log off when you're done.

kohburn
11-12-2007, 13:39
probably due to your friends security settings

BillyBob58
11-12-2007, 15:30
Thanks, guys. I'll look for the "keep logged in button", didn't see it. In the meantime I'll just go out and hike some more on the "New Hampshire Heritage Trail", which is just outside my daughter's house. Had a nice hike on it between bkfst and lunch. It was, as they say here, a bit "crisp", others might say "nippy". Lot's of great hammocking spots- birchs and others hardwoods everywhere, and I did not see a single evil wooly poison ivy vine, so far! Unfortunately, my hammock is in MS.

GrizzlyAdams
11-12-2007, 18:16
Thanks, guys. I'll look for the "keep logged in button", didn't see it. In the meantime I'll just go out and hike some more on the "New Hampshire Heritage Trail", which is just outside my daughter's house. Had a nice hike on it between bkfst and lunch. It was, as they say here, a bit "crisp", others might say "nippy". Lot's of great hammocking spots- birchs and others hardwoods everywhere, and I did not see a single evil wooly poison ivy vine, so far! Unfortunately, my hammock is in MS.

I think actually it is "Remember me". While I usually don't click on that (and get logged out automatically after a while), I've been on all afternoon I think after logging in and checking that box.

Grizz

Cannibal
11-13-2007, 10:05
You can also open another tab and leave it open on the "who's online" screen. It updates you every so often and will keep you logged in. Learned that trick from the "how to format a review" post.