PDA

View Full Version : It's Here!!!

Hooch
10-04-2010, 15:27
I went to run to the post office so I could get the mail drop for Dancer and Iin the mail for our hike and handle a couple errands while I was out. When I got back, guess what was sitting on my front doorstep? That's right, a box from Hammock Gear that contains a little bundle of downy, warm love. My 3 Season CrowsNest is here! :boggle:

After opening the package, I inspected the UQ just to look at it. Not only does it look good from a strictly aesthetic standpoint, it's incredibly well made. The design and stitching on this quilt is 110% professionally done and I love it! It's now laying out on the hardwood lofting up and standing by to be packed for the trip to Harpers Ferry this weekend. I can't wait to sleep in this thing. I feel like a kid with a new toy! Oh yeah, that's right. I am a kid with a new toy. Almost forgot. :shades:

To come is a review of how well it works. I expect good things from this quilt and can't wait to see how it performs. I'm pretty sure that I won't be disappointed. :D

Many thanks to Stormcrow and Thowren both who did a mighty fine job from start to finish, from ordering to shipping. Thanks again, y'all. You've definitely earned my business!

Wags
10-04-2010, 15:35
i don't see any pictures, so i don't believe you

oldgringo
10-04-2010, 15:38
Down, Boy, down.:p

Adia
10-04-2010, 15:40
i don't see any pictures, so i don't believe you

I'm with swoosh. I wanna see pictures.

Enjoy the warmth....it is amazing.

Hooch
10-04-2010, 15:41
i don't see any pictures, so i don't believe youPictures are forthcoming, I'm still enjoying just looking at it.

Down, Boy, down.:pBut it's so beautiful. I never saw an underquilt that was so beautiful it made me want to cry before. I need a moment. . . .

Cannibal
10-04-2010, 15:44
But it's so beautiful. I never saw an underquilt that was so beautiful it made me want to cry before. I need a moment. . . .
You've been told before that you can't skip days on those meds.
See what happens? :tongueup::lol:

Nice score Hooch. I've had an eye on those quilts for some time now, just always seem to find other things to do with the money. Stupid bills! :glare:

Buffalo Skipper
10-04-2010, 15:45
I am only sad that there is not a little green smilie to show of how jealous I am. Try to picture a green Buffalo.

I want pictures too....

Hooch
10-04-2010, 16:05
Nice score Hooch. I've had an eye on those quilts for some time now, just always seem to find other things to do with the money. Stupid bills! :glare:I've been ready to lighten up on 3 season insulation for a little hile now, so it was time to go with something smaller and lighter. I couldn't have made a better decision, if you ask me.

Can't Wait
10-04-2010, 16:07
Well good thing he puts DWR finish on it or won't be anything to take a pic of with all the salivating you are doing over and on it :D

Adia
10-04-2010, 16:15
:jj: hey buffalo there is a green smiley....gotta click the blue [more] link under the smileys.

Hooch--now i am all warm and fuzzy thinking about the hang again and getting to use crankybear's 3s crowsnest again... also knowing that at this hang I won't be sleeping frozen like the Spring MAHHA. lol

Hooch
10-04-2010, 16:22
Hooch--now i am all warm and fuzzy thinking about the hang again and getting to use crankybear's 3s crowsnest again... also knowing that at this hang I won't be sleeping frozen like the Spring MAHHA. lolI'm the same way, all I can think about lately is the fall hike for Dancer and I and the MAHHA hang. It's a rather pleasant distraction. :D 2 more shifts to go at work, then off for 2 weeks. :thumbup: Being able to sleep warm is a good thing, glad y'all have your insulation together. See ya there!

beep
10-04-2010, 16:28
I'm happy for you, Hooch! :D New gear (ESPECIALLY new down gear) is a big thrill!

Backtrack
10-04-2010, 17:49
:cool: Sounds good Hooch! I can't wait till mine gets here. Hope you have a warm trip at Harpers Ferry. Are you gonna be on the AT?

Hooch
10-04-2010, 17:59
:cool: Sounds good Hooch! I can't wait till mine gets here. Hope you have a warm trip at Harpers Ferry. Are you gonna be on the AT?Aye. AT NOBO from Front Royal to Harpers Ferry.

Muskrat
10-05-2010, 06:52
Hooch, your excitement is CONTAGIOUS ! Just got word that my Winter CrowsNest has just been shipped ! :D:D:D

C'mon Mr. Mailman ! :thumbup:

Cranky Bear
10-06-2010, 16:27
Aye. AT NOBO from Front Royal to Harpers Ferry.

That is the same section that I am going on at the end of the month :cool:(after the hang) You leavin from the 522 parking lot? Last time I was there one of the local shuttle gals told us that there were some break in's there recently (this was in April of this year) Hope you have a great hike!!!!!!

BTW,

Still waitin on those pic's man, we wanna see it!!
The CN3S is a great quilt, will keep you very nice and warm!!!

Hooch
10-06-2010, 20:18
. . . .The CN3S is a great quilt. . . .Can we add this to the list of HF acronyms?

Cranky Bear
10-07-2010, 16:14
Can we add this to the list of HF acronyms?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, "Crowsnest 3 Season", haha