PDA

View Full Version : Hammockgear.com ROCKS!

MOWOGO '72
10-04-2010, 16:30
After nearly a year of procrastination, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Winter Incubator. After reading numerous posts saying the overstuff is overkill on this quilt, I stayed with the standard 800 fill no overstuff. I add my name to the growing list of Hammockgear fans. I have always been impressed with Adam's diligence when responding to issues involving his gear and this aided my decision. However, I now know that Thorwren is definitely the "great woman behind the man" or should I say "beside the man". She was a pleasure to deal with on a Sunday afternoon and totally went the extra mile in responding to my emails. I now begin the much hated wait time involved with such a highly anticipated purchase. My days of carrying bulky pads are finally over!

Bunk
10-04-2010, 21:44
I think I asked like 50 questions before ordering mine, Thorwren was awesome and responded to each one! Excellent customer service. The wait absolutely sucks but I can bare it knowing that I'll be getting a quality hand made quilt that should last a very long time.

Adia
10-04-2010, 21:46
Congrats on finally ordering. You will be awesomely warm once you get your new quilt and they are every bit as great as everyone says they are. I am sure you will be super happy once you get it.

Flatland
10-04-2010, 21:53
I just got my 3 Season Crowsnest a week or so ago and love it! The folks at Hammock Gear are very customer service oriented and answered multiple emails of mine too before I actually pulled the trigger and ordered. Based on the buzz going on on this site, I'd wager HG is a growing enterprise. Good for them. I know I'll be buying another one (or 2) of their products soon!

Muskrat
10-05-2010, 07:02
The waiting game is just the first part of the growing excitement. Anticipation of GOLD coming to you is at times a bit too much. The final part is receiving confirmation that your GOLD has been shipped :D .

Just got my confirmation this morning :thumbup: :D

animalcontrol
10-05-2010, 07:20
I know Adam and Jen and I'm proud to call them my friends...

These are 2 real people who are doing their best to provide the best service and products they can!

What you see (or talk to) is what you get!

I wish them all the best in everything!

Lonely Raven
10-05-2010, 10:53
What you see (or talk to) is what you get!

That right there is huge to me.

I wish I could afford a Winter Incubator right now. It sounds perfect for my deep winter needs.

nine16ths
10-05-2010, 12:13
I'd just like to add a "me too" to this. I ordered a 3s incubator and it shipped a whole lot faster than I thought it would. I just got it yesterday and tried it out in this freezing cold Southeast Louisiana weather we're having while watching a movie before bed.

Good communication, fast turn-around, and quite obviously a quality product.

coolkayaker1
10-05-2010, 18:36
I ordered my Winter Inc about 5 days ago after a few emails from Adam. So, I might be ahead of you in the queue (if you got an olive, like me). I am going to use this for a comforter in my house, and then get it out in the woods as soon as the overnights turn under 40F, which outta be soon in Illinois.

We'll see how this baby is constructed. Have new camera, will take photos and post a view review if I have time. Several vids on the Crowsnest, I see not one on HG Winter Inc.

Hooch
10-05-2010, 20:48
The wait was totally worth it for a 3 Season Crowsnest. Now my 3 Season Burrow is on order and will hopefuly be in before the Linville Gorge Hang. :thumbup: Stormcrow and Thowren have totally earned my business.

Cranky Bear
10-06-2010, 16:52
Stormcrow and Thowren have totally earned my business.

I will second this!

But also add that they have also earned my respect, for not only the kindness of both of them, work ethic of both, but also the dedication to the customer and making sure the customer is happy with the choice! This is a true rarity in the business marketplace, and soooooooo wonderful to have not just one, but a couple here on HF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matto
10-07-2010, 18:03
Add me to the fan club!!! My 3S Burrow came today, just in time for a weekend trip to the ADKs!

And why did it get here it just in time? It's because, after a delay due to mechanical issues (which Jen very sweetly apologized for), they stayed up late stuffing my quilt and then went and shipped it FedEx express the next day -- at no extra charge and without even being asked!!

Thank you guys for this gorgeous piece of gear! Expect a Crowsnest order from me soon.

Muskrat
10-07-2010, 22:25
Ditto with all of the above!

Saved my marriage that Throwren did. Winter CrowsNest for my wife just arrived today too and we are heading out tomorrow. Have several friends in the market for quilts, I'll be sending them your way !