PDA

View Full Version : Uq Asap

dvisic
10-04-2010, 19:33
So...here's the situation:

I am currently nomadic. All of my things are in storage and I'm on the road. I want to hit SD before it gets full on into cold weather, but weather.com has temps in the Black Hills down to the mid 30's in the next week. I'd hoped to arrange with my family to maybe get a good UQ (perhaps a Crowsnest or Incubator) for Christmas, but I obviously can't wait that long to have adequate insulation.

So, options:

1) Does anyone have a spare UQ I could borrow for a month or two? This would allow me to wait on the fam.
2) I could free up some money and buy one now...but are those quilts in stock? Or is it a several week process?

Just trying to figure out what to do. I'd intended to be on the road weeks before I actually left, but...it couldn't be helped. Any suggestions?

Dblcorona
10-04-2010, 19:44
You could opt for a Jacks r Better. They have most of their stuff in stock. Really nice products.

stormcrow
10-04-2010, 21:13
Hey there - Tried to PM you, but you don't have it set up. Let me know how to reach you. Thanks! Stormcrow

Hooch
10-04-2010, 21:15
Hey there - Tried to PM you, but you don't have it set up. Let me know how to reach you. Thanks! StormcrowNow that's customer service. :thumbup:

dvisic
10-04-2010, 21:25
Hey there - Tried to PM you, but you don't have it set up. Let me know how to reach you. Thanks! Stormcrow

PM'd!

Now that's customer service. :thumbup:

Indeed. :)

beep
10-04-2010, 21:43
Heheh! That Stormcrow just LOVES a challenge!!!:laugh:

JohnSawyer
10-04-2010, 23:31
Heheh! That Stormcrow just LOVES a challenge!!!:laugh:

Challenge? The legends I hear is that he runs two sewing machines simultaneously, fills UQ's with down before they're even sewn, and never, ever sleeps! Oh, and he's suing the red-bull company for making a synthetic version of what flows in his veins! :scared:

Lonely Raven
10-05-2010, 00:01
Challenge? The legends I hear is that he runs two sewing machines simultaneously, fills UQ's with down before they're even sewn, and never, ever sleeps! Oh, and he's suing the red-bull company for making a synthetic version of what flows in his veins! :scared:

Really? All I heard was that he's a ginger. :laugh:

(edit to add - there goes any chance of him doing anything for me!)

G.L.P.
10-05-2010, 08:14

i was told he fills the quilts with his feet......
like he has 4 hands ...:D

this way he can fill and sew at the sme time

s1125r
10-05-2010, 08:57
I might have to place an order now...

stormcrow
10-05-2010, 09:21
ROFL...you guys are killing me. TOO funny.

The truth is that I DO in fact have an enhanced right arm. Most of you know her as Thorwren. :boggle:

However, I am scheduled to go in for surgery later this month for a procedure that I think will make things go smoother and aid in my productivity. Here is the concept...

Buffalo Skipper
10-05-2010, 09:24
Wow, all that and he still has time to produce humor. :D

dvisic
10-10-2010, 10:18
Just a quick update...

I must be doing SOMETHING right in life: my apartment deposit refund showed up in my "home base" mailbox, and Adam had a rare moment of actually having something in stock (shame on you, hammock community, for keeping him so busy)! My 3-season stealth black CrowsNest is in the mail! Thanks, Adam and Jenny!

:D :D :D

dvisic
10-11-2010, 14:01
Stupid Columbus Day. My CrowsNest has been at the nearest sorting center since last night, but no mail today.

Grr.

Lonely Raven
10-11-2010, 15:50
Stupid Columbus Day. My CrowsNest has been at the nearest sorting center since last night, but no mail today.

Grr.

Doh! I forgot about the holiday. I guess I'm not getting stuff USPS today. :rolleyes:

dvisic
10-13-2010, 22:40
Well, it got here, and it is very nice indeed. I haven't had a chance to set it up and test it yet. And, unfortunately, it looks like unexpected car repairs are going to put my trip to South Dakota on hold--once the repairs are done, I'd have less than a week to drive up, hit the Badlands, Black Hills, Spearfish Canyon, maybe a cave or two, and then be back in Kansas. :(