PDA

View Full Version : CrowsNest Bliss

teletrekker
10-05-2010, 15:18
Got my Winter CrowsNest last week just in time for a 2 day 20+ mi hike in NH. My impression of the CrowsNest is similar to many I've read here so I'll keep mine short.

Customer Service- Adam was great. Got him on the phone a couple times and he listened to my needs and made a few suggestions. He was very reachable and a joy to work with.

Construction- I'm no expert on sewing or UQs but the UQ looks to be very well constructed. It comes in a small stuff sack but lofts considerably when released.

Ease of use- I committed a no-no on this trip. I took along the UQ without ever putting it on my hammock. I was out straight the couple days before hand and didn't get a chance. I had been researching the UQ's for over a year though so I had a good idea of what to expect and how to properly use it. That being said, when it was time to attach the UQ to the hammock in the field, it was easy as pie. Clipped each end to the suspension on my HH, got in, had my co-hiker do some minor adjustments, and done. It was that easy.

Performance- The temps only reached the lower 40s but I was warm and comfy. I did use a small foot pad in the foot box of my bag. After that initial adjustment, no cold spots or drafts. I'll be testing the UQ at cooler temps in the future.

Overall- Customer service was second to none. The UQ is light, packs down relatively small, and is well made. Extremely easy to use and adjust. Remains to be seen if it will get me down to 0* but I will report back.

Thanks Adam. Couldn't be happier.

Wags
10-05-2010, 17:14
can you post a picture of it packed next to something so i can get a sense of size?

thanks

teletrekker
10-05-2010, 22:06
Swoosh,
Working tonight. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow.