PDA

View Full Version : Ordering issues

ulyssesjones
10-11-2010, 12:43
Has anyone else experienced any problems ordering from Hammockgear.com? I use FireFox as a web browser and whenever I try to place an order I get a warning message. It says "This Connection Is Untrusted" "This site attempts to identify itself with invalid information". I can over ride this message but want to make sure it is safe first. I guess I will run my anti-virus to make sure it is not something on my computer that is tampering with my connection. I would try to contact Adam directly but I am still waiting for a response to an email I sent about a week ago. I don't want to pester the poor guy with more questions. I am sure he is overwhelmed with orders right now.

The RidgeRunner
10-11-2010, 15:50
I had the same issue. I got past the message then sent Adam a pm here to ask another question. Everything seemed alright.

Cranky Bear
10-11-2010, 16:29
I run Firefox as well but I didn't have this problem with either of my order's! Send him another email, might not have gotten the first, as he has responded within a day or two to all the emails I sent him! Adam's a very understanding guy explain the situation and I'm sure he will be more than pleased to help you!!!

coltonalxndr
10-11-2010, 16:48
I ordered from him the first time and never got that message. This last time i ordered it gave me that message as well.. Just give him a PM on what you want and tell him to send you a PayPal request/invoice.

Colton

^shane^
10-11-2010, 18:47
I ordered a week ago and got that message as well. I just over-rode the message and placed the order. I got a PM from Jenny shortly thereafter letting me know they had received the order.

Now for the wait...

ulyssesjones
10-11-2010, 19:38
Well it's good to know it isn't a problem on my end. He just has a certificate that FireFox doesn't recognize. As far as the email, he never responded to the one I sent a week ago and then a few days later I sent him a PM here and no response. I think he is just super busy right now with orders.

Thanks for the responses

Running Feather
10-11-2010, 19:50
I'm no IT guy but there may be issues with his previous website 'redirecting' traffic to his current site and the certs. involved.

Any techies listening?

coolkayaker1
10-11-2010, 21:19
"This Connection Is Untrusted"-- look, if Firefox says not to trust Adam, then I'd listen to Firefox. I mean really, Firefox knows more than we ever will. And it's pretty clear to me that it's what it's telling you.

That said, I ordered his highest priced winter UQ ten days ago--so I never listen to what browsers tell me. :laugh:

Adam seems to be on the up and up. So, just click past it and place the order. What's the worst thing that could happen: you lie in a cold UQ-less hammock all winter as Adam never got your order, while some johns at a Vietnamese brothel share libations courtesy of your Visa number.

Remember, you're only responsible for the first $50 on most major stolen credit cards. :lol:

Alan
10-11-2010, 21:32
That error is a known certificate storage problem with Firefox 3.x

The quick and dirty way around it when you get that error is to:
Click on Cancel at the first warning box that pops up
Click on "I understand the risks"
Click on Add Exception
Click on Get Certificate
Make sure Permanently Store is checked
Click on Confirm Security Exception
Click on Resend

stormcrow
10-12-2010, 01:07
Thanks for the heads up guys. I have received a few emails about this issue. i am going to forward the link to this discussion to the new website guy and see if he can figure it out. Sigh.....I would love just one day where everything went nice and easy.....:D wishful thinking, I know.

If this error does come up, please let me know. I would love to know the percentage of people that this is happening to. Obviously something will have to change if it continues. If you get the message and you do not feel safe ordering through the website, no worries. Just send me a PM or email and Thorwren and I will get to it asap. If we do not do so within a day or so....hit us again (my apologies) as we get lots of emails :D

~Stormcrow