PDA

View Full Version : fabric used for incubator?

NickJ
10-11-2010, 16:07
can't see it on the website, but does anyone know what type of fabric is used? in the UK it can be very blustery with rain and getting a wet hammock base is a real possibility unless your tarp is really tight and pitched pretty steep. Even then it can still happen in strong wind/rain. Would be useful to know if the material is water resistant/proof etc

Also, does Adam answer his mails regularly? I sent a message but haven't heard from him. Cheers.

ulyssesjones
10-11-2010, 19:43
From everything I hear on this site Adam is usually very good about returning messages. I am still waiting for a response to an email I sent a while ago as well. I think he is just swamped with orders right now. I am sure he will get to his emails eventually.

animalcontrol
10-11-2010, 19:47
Ripstop nylon with a dwr coating.
Correct me Adam if I'm wrong.

coolkayaker1
10-11-2010, 21:12
"Ripstop nylon with a dwr coating." is what Adam told me by email, NickJ, before I placed my UQ Inc order.

Also, don't forget, 2qzq sells the waterproof UQ protector that, for $25 including shipping (don't know about UK shipping) is a fine piece of protection under your favorite UQ. I own two and love them (and frankly, think that, in a pinch, I would loop this up and use it as a hammock itself). Here's the link:
http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/id62.html

NickJ
10-12-2010, 03:24
Thanks both. CK, I notice on the site that it says condensation is an issue. Do you use a vapour barrier or just slap the protector over the UQ?

coolkayaker1
10-13-2010, 22:22
Do you use a vapour barrier or just slap the protector over the UQ?

Protector over UQ but with gap for air.