PDA

View Full Version : Observation about forum

flair4040
10-12-2010, 10:15
I really do appreciate the kind and generous nature of many of our forum members. It is nice to be part of a likeminded community of people who are giving of their knowledge as well as their gear.

I posted in the "looking to buy" forum hoping to find a mini atom and an atomic regular. I received PM’s from greenlespaul and Redwood Guy offering them to me for free. That is much appreciated.

I have seen many such acts of kindness on our forums. You guys made my day. Thanks.

kayak karl
10-12-2010, 10:17
I really do appreciate the kind and generous nature of many of our forum members. It is nice to be part of a likeminded community of people who are giving of their knowledge as well as their gear.

I posted in the "looking to buy" forum hoping to find a mini atom and an atomic regular. I received PM’s from greenlespaul and Redwood Guy offering them to me for free. That is much appreciated.

I have seen many such acts of kindness on our forums. You guys made my day. Thanks.
your right and there will come a time when you can pay it back. great community.

Cranky Bear
10-12-2010, 10:26
your right and there will come a time when you can pay it back. great community.

I think that is the big thing there, people paying it back because they want too!! As it keeps the atmosphere a little lighter than other forums that I frequent!

Glad someone was able to help ya out there Flair!!!!

Lonely Raven
10-12-2010, 10:30
I too have been the recipient of some forum kindness. I'm working on a plan to start paying it back when I have some time away from work!

MacEntyre
10-12-2010, 12:05
I bought an umbrella from Pak-Man and when it arrived yesterday, it was accompanied by four little stuff sacks and a water bottle!

Redwood Guy
10-12-2010, 13:37
I have received hundreds worth of gear from folks here at HF since I joined on 03-02-2010. It is a great community and the only one I really enjoy giving back too.

You can give back in your own way by becoming a donating HF member (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/payments.php)!

flair4040
10-12-2010, 14:28
I have received hundreds worth of gear from folks here at HF since I joined on 03-02-2010. It is a great community and the only one I really enjoy giving back too.

You can give back in your own way by becoming a donating HF member (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/payments.php)!

Just did it!!

Just Jeff
10-12-2010, 14:51
I think I might have been the first recipient of HF's kindness...I was in Iraq and received - somewhat out of the blue - a Warbonnet Blackbird paid for by a handful of HF members. I hung it up immediately in my hooch and grabbed a few minutes of sleep in it whenever I could.

Also got an HF fleece jacket from the cafe press store and a few other odds and ends...sometimes for testing and sometimes just in appreciation for starting the forum.

This place has great members!

Old River Rat
10-12-2010, 21:49
Words cannot explain how helpful this forum has been. In my entire life I have never ran across a more helpful and friendly group of people. I am in a borrowed bridge hammock at this time, sent to me by a member of this forum. I told him that I was 99% sure I wanted a bridge. Now I am 100% sure. If you read this my friend, be sure to keep me in the queue. I WANT ONE! I hung it in the house due to bad weather. I got into it with no intention of sleeping. I ended up so comfortable that I napped for an hour and a half. I do not remember closing my eyes. I love bridge hammocks. :boggle: It is so easy to turn over from one side to the other. It allows you to lay flat without having to worry about laying diagonal. I am sure that I will find other advantages as time goes by.

Thanks to everyone who has offered ideas and advice. I cannot wait until I have some experience so that I can repay in the future.

slackmacker
10-12-2010, 22:28
I feel the same way, thanks for keeping it real!